ck 30 cranks, won't start

/ ck 30 cranks, won't start #11  
Drove my 80 hr CK30 into field. Shut down engine for 10 min. Then tried to restart. Engine cranks, preheat light cycles, checked fuses, fuel, throttle cable and still will not fire. Any ideas on what to check next?:(

Fuel rail is stuck???
How old is the machine?

/ ck 30 cranks, won't start #15  
The "power on" systems do not have shut off knobs. If you loose power in the tractor, the solenoid looses power and the fuel shuts off. The older style "power off" systems needed power to close the fuel rack. If you lost power in the tractor, the only way to shut the fuel off was with the pull knob.

KIOTI changed to the Power On system for safety reasons.

If your serial number is before 2007 on some models, you have the older style power off system. Time flies.......sorry for the before 2008 date. Not all models were changed over at the same time.

/ ck 30 cranks, won't start #16  
The fuel shutoff would have been nice when my injector pump failed and the tractor experienced run away rpms. That's why I think it should be on all models.

/ ck 30 cranks, won't start #17  
Agreed !!

/ ck 30 cranks, won't start #18  
Whether or not the machine is of the "power on" or "power off" has little to do with whether you got a fuel shutoff knob. My 2005 model has no knob. I am pretty sure that I can see where it would have acted on the pump and in that runaway emergency I will try whatever I can to shut it off so long as I keep my fingers away from the belt/fan.

/ ck 30 cranks, won't start #19  
Whether or not the machine is of the "power on" or "power off" has little to do with whether you got a fuel shutoff knob. My 2005 model has no knob. I am pretty sure that I can see where it would have acted on the pump and in that runaway emergency I will try whatever I can to shut it off so long as I keep my fingers away from the belt/fan.

The shut off knob has a cable that connects to the same linkage that the solenoid does and manually does the same thing, so your idea would work and the fingers should be far enough away.

/ ck 30 cranks, won't start #20  
For JSS, did you ever figure out what the problem was? We all learn from each other. I hope mine doesn't quit like that but if it does, I'll have a place to start at.