CK series owners- clarify where you fill your engine oil: location on engine

/ CK series owners- clarify where you fill your engine oil: location on engine #21  
Uh no, I bought the CK35HST with backhoe this spring and traded it in on a NX45 HST Cab with backhoe..since the compact Kab didn't have A/C, not to mention I ordered one the last of September and Kioti wasn't going ro have any until sometime in November i had some TBNers advise against it in hot summers so my dealor dealer worked up an almost full trade in allowance. Sooo I bit. Should be in tomorrow (Friday )...

/ CK series owners- clarify where you fill your engine oil: location on engine #22  
In a perfect world you would have one machine for every piece of accessory equipment you own, including wagons and trailers.

/ CK series owners- clarify where you fill your engine oil: location on engine
Uh no, I bought the CK35HST with backhoe this spring and traded it in on a NX45 HST Cab with backhoe..since the compact Kab didn't have A/C, not to mention I ordered one the last of September and Kioti wasn't going ro have any until sometime in November i had some TBNers advise against it in hot summers so my dealor dealer worked up an almost full trade in allowance. Sooo I bit. Should be in tomorrow (Friday )...

That's a good choice - AC in a cabbed tractor.:thumbsup:

Give us pictures!

/ CK series owners- clarify where you fill your engine oil: location on engine #24  
In a perfect world you would have one machine for every piece of accessory equipment you own, including wagons and trailers.

Not to mention all the space to store them with the accessory equipment.

/ CK series owners- clarify where you fill your engine oil: location on engine #25  

That's more oil changes than I care to do. But more than one would be good and the second tractor doesn't need to be fancy.

/ CK series owners- clarify where you fill your engine oil: location on engine #26  
Now it is starting to make sense. The 1st time i started the engine after changing oil ( from the valve cover ) the engine made a clunking sound so i shut it off. Tried again and it started ok....that probably was a hydro lock from putting oil in to fast. After the 2nd oil change ( also filled from the valve cover ) when i went to start the engine it started very smoothly with no noises. So i am thinking now the reason for the smoke is because it got in the breather and is going to take some time to burn off.

Here is my link that got this post by CM started !

Kioti oil change that went wrong
Started by 747driver, 10-30-2015 09:05 PM

I have never been a fan of crankcase breathers routed to the intake manifold.....so I disconnected mine (at the manifold), added an extension, and ran it down the side of the block, to near the bottom of the engine. Placed a vacuum cap on the manifold nipple. This won't stop oil from flowing out if filled to fast....but it won't be ending up in the manifold.

The reason I made this modification was to keep blowby gases/liquids from being ingested, and coking up the intake valves. This isn't a big problem in an engine that has fuel and air entering through the valves, but can be in in a diesel, or with a direct injection gas engine (such as my Camaro). Don't want things to look like this in a few years.

gunkbuildupfromoil.jpg

/ CK series owners- clarify where you fill your engine oil: location on engine #27  
I talked to my dealer to see if my NX45 showed up and to ask him abut the oil fill (I have a CK35). So I asked and he quickly said they had a meeting at Kioti about this subject in the past and gave the exact answer that 'coyote machine' gave and confirmed that indeed you are to fill from the lower port if possible but either works. He also gave the same explanation if you fill it to fast.....alway nice to have a dealer reinforcement.
There was a few years ago a New Holland that the owner filled the oil from the valve cover went to start the engine and it locked up. The maker later came out with a notice to fill from the IP fill cap. I took notice of that and filled from the IP.

/ CK series owners- clarify where you fill your engine oil: location on engine #28  
I have never been a fan of crankcase breathers routed to the intake manifold.....so I disconnected mine (at the manifold), added an extension, and ran it down the side of the block, to near the bottom of the engine. Placed a vacuum cap on the manifold nipple. This won't stop oil from flowing out if filled to fast....but it won't be ending up in the manifold.
My older model 2001 DK doesn't have the vent to the intake.
It just vents down the side of the block, so filling oil fast through my valve cover is a non issue.

/ CK series owners- clarify where you fill your engine oil: location on engine #29  

The reason I made this modification was to keep blowby gases/liquids from being ingested, and coking up the intake valves. This isn't a big problem in an engine that has fuel and air entering through the valves, but can be in in a diesel, or with a direct injection gas engine (such as my Camaro). Don't want things to look like this in a few years.

View attachment 446847

I used the oil fill port thats on the side of the block today. Will not use the valve cover port ever again !

Well, back to getting the tractor running. I changed the oil this morning and a miniscule of antifreeze when draining, so i think i have that dilemma fixed . Also installed a new oil filter. Started it up and it still continues to smoke....it does let up some after running up to temp. but none the less it never smoked before i did the oil change. Also i can hear a ticking sound while the engine is running. I am beginning to think i have a bad ring or 2 since the engine did make a clunk sound on initial startup after 1st oil change ( maybe a partial hydro lock ? ). It might be time to put on trailer and take to the dealer !

/ CK series owners- clarify where you fill your engine oil: location on engine #30  
I used the oil fill port thats on the side of the block today. Will not use the valve cover port ever again !
Its all this pollution control stuff on the newer tractors is why they started running the valve cover vent tube to the intake instead of just venting it out the side of the engine.