CK20 Flasher Short?

/ CK20 Flasher Short? #1  

bearhawk

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20HST
We had some snow a few days back. I haven't mounted my plow on my Jeep yet, so I thought I would try the tractor.

It was cold and she had been siting outside, but it started after a couple of cycles of the glow plugs.

Anyway, after an hour or so I had enough fun for a while and put her away. I shut her down and went of to do some stuff.

An hour or so later I walked by the tractor and the right directional was flashing. I went over and tried to turn it off. I had figured I had hit it while exiting. It wasn't on. but turning the switch to the left just turned on all the flashers. Moving back to the center just turned off the left side.

Ok then, I pulled out the 4 way flasher switch and all the lights started flashing again. Pushed it in and the lights stopped flashing. I thought that was odd and went on my way.

20 Min later, walking by the tractor I could hear a clicking (like the flasher cycling) but no lights flashing. I pulled the 4 way switch again, lights all flash. Push it in, lights stop. Again I think that is odd, but the clicking stopped. Just as I was walking away, the clicking started again, no lights flashing, just the clicking. Cycle the switch again and it stops for 15 seconds, then starts clicking again.

I had to pull the fuse to get it to stop clicking.

Any ideas?

Jim

/ CK20 Flasher Short? #2  
Have you possibly washed the tractor and got water in a relay/ switch/ flasher??
Added any electrical goodies that could backfeed?
Bad ground connection do wierdthings too---look for loose connections. Hope this helps.
I don't have a manual with a schematic or I may be of more help...

/ CK20 Flasher Short? #3  
Ugh, I hate gremlins. If you're not careful you could be jump starting your dead tractor in the morning. I have heard of this problem, I think on Kubotas, when the machine is washed.

/ CK20 Flasher Short?
It was a wet snow, but it has been in the rain since I got it.

I guess I'll have the guys look at it when they do the 50 hr.

Jim

/ CK20 Flasher Short? #5  
Based on your storage---I would almost lay money its one of the switches suffered water infiltration---either the turn switch or hazard switch---the relays are kind of buried/concealed for rain to get on them.