CK20 freeze plug size

/ CK20 freeze plug size #1  

xryan

Tractor
Kioti CK20HST
Anyone have definitve knowledge of what size the freeze plugs are on a CK20 engine?
I want to put in a block heater as my tractor lives outside and whenever I need to use it in winter it's always like 0F outside. Fooling with a magnetic oil pan heater in the snow sucks and keeping the coolant warm works better anyway. As a bonus, with Murphy's law, if I rig up a block heater it will not get below freezing all winter. Dealer wasn't much help...

/ CK20 freeze plug size #2  
When I had mine I was advised that a freeze plug heater was not to be used on these machines. A clearance issue with the block or something like that. You are better off to use a heater in the radiator hose. Mine had a bypass in the lower hose and a return into a fitting on the top of the thermostat block. Sorry dont have pictures or the machine anymore.

/ CK20 freeze plug size #3  
This may work same as my CK27.
Kioti Block heater 001.jpg
Kioti Block heater 003.jpg
Kioti Block heater 005.jpg
Kioti Block heater 007.jpg
Kioti Block heater 008.jpg
This is the block heater I installed it's cheaper to buy on Ebay you need an incert to bring the heater out of the block a ways . I got all the info here a few years ago then went for it installed it and it works great. I'm sorry I can remember all the nos. and sizes for you.
Kioti Block heater 010.jpg

/ CK20 freeze plug size #4  
If it's 1 1/4" or 32mm as Billrog showed, here's the bushing to move the heater out a bit and then add the heater as he did. HEATER - Quality Farm Supply - Farm equipment, tractor parts, agricultural supplies or a heater and bushing combo for same size hole, GE11461 - Quality Farm Supply - Farm equipment, tractor parts, agricultural supplies I might do this to my CK30 but with 5w-40 synthetic oil and two glow plug cycles, it's always started down to 0'F but warmer oil is always better for the engine.

/ CK20 freeze plug size #5  
Yup. 32mm. It痴 a pretty common size. I made my own bushing from a 3/4馬pt stainless steel pipe coupling. I turned a 3-degree taper on the one end and used permatex high temp sleeve retainer.