Oil & Fuel ck20 fuel use

/ ck20 fuel use #1  

mpham

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B 2650 cab
I have 8 hours of moving fire wood, digging a few rocks, snow blowing one storm and pushing snow with my bucket for a couple storms.
Is 15 gallons of fuel use about right for an HST machine?
Seems like a lot to me. No visible fuel leaks anywhere. Air filter is clean and machine was serviced right after I bought it.

/ ck20 fuel use #2  
My CK25 didn't start getting good on fuel until about 400 hours. I ran it for about 10 hours and only used about 5 gallons of fuel last weekend. Snowblowing, though, probably is like mowing, and that's usually when you have maximum fuel usage.

/ ck20 fuel use #3  
Last summer I dug post holes and moved dirt for 8 hrs and I think I only used 5 gals. 15 sounds high to me, but I am not an expert and do not keep very accurate measurements on fuel.

/ ck20 fuel use #4  
That does seem high but depends on your rpms. With my CK30hst, running around 23-2400rpms, I'll use a gallon/hour. In the higher teens, less than a gal/hr.

/ ck20 fuel use #5  
That does seem high but depends on your rpms...

More to the point, it depends on how much power you draw, particularly from the PTO. I can do loader work all day and use very little fuel. But running a 6 ft mower (high RPM and some torque) for even an hour or two moves the gauge visibly.

/ ck20 fuel use #6  
I've been concerned about 20 litres in about 5 hrs in my CK30 hst. That's 5 gallons, so I'd think 15, no matter what you're running is an issue.

/ ck20 fuel use #7  
Definitely sounds high, what rpms do you typically run?
I know I can snowblow my driveway (3-5 hours on the hour meter) on about half to three quarters tank running at 2800 rpms.

/ ck20 fuel use
I dont usually run at high rpm. Try to keep it as low as possible. I wonder if that's why the prior owner sold it. I will have to keep a better eye out for leaks or a bad injector. Doesn't smoke though and has plenty of power.

/ ck20 fuel use #9  
I have the CK-20S and I know I can burn through a lot of fuel when snowblowing. Was it heavy wet snow? How much of the eight hours was for snow blowing?

Jon

/ ck20 fuel use
I have the CK-20S and I know I can burn through a lot of fuel when snowblowing. Was it heavy wet snow? How much of the eight hours was for snow blowing?

Jon

Maybe 3 hours tops. Yes it was heavy and wet. More just moving wood than any other job.