CK20 How big of a post hole digger?

/ CK20 How big of a post hole digger? #1  

Agentiron

Silver Member
How big of a post hole digger can I run on a ck20 in heavy clay? I would like to have at least a 12" auger. Any reccomendations on a brand that gives me a variety of auger's both in diameter and length? I really need to go at least 3 foot.

Thanks
AI

/ CK20 How big of a post hole digger? #2  
I just picked up my Gearmore D20 with a 12" auger last Friday. I have not had a chance to mount it and try it out, but it looks very well made.

/ CK20 How big of a post hole digger? #3  
I bought a midium duty post hole digger with a 8 inch auger and it works great have not trie a 12 inch auger as of yet. and welcome to TBN.

/ CK20 How big of a post hole digger? #4  
My PHD uses a shear pin, and with the 8" auger i have replaced 3 pins....all the result of hitting rockzilla(s). I don't think a 12" is a prob, but you may shear more pins depending on what type of soil you are digging into. I wish i had a slip clutch like on my brush hog, but i havent seen a digger with that feature.
RD

/ CK20 How big of a post hole digger? #5  
I think you can add a slip clutch to most phd's as an after market. I thought about it. But, pins are easy to replace and for me it just hasn't happened often enough to justify the clutch. Now, if I had a bunch rock to drill into, the clutch would be a welcome addition.

/ CK20 How big of a post hole digger? #6  
coasterez said:
I think you can add a slip clutch to most phd's as an after market. I thought about it. But, pins are easy to replace and for me it just hasn't happened often enough to justify the clutch. Now, if I had a bunch rock to drill into, the clutch would be a welcome addition.

I have the PHD from TSC. run both a 6" and 12" in medium clay/loam. Haven't sheared a pin yet, but I only run 1/4 throttle max.

Yes ,you can add a slip clutch easily, TSC has both 6 spline male/female and 6 spline/round shaft so they can be used either way. Price is reasonable.