Ck20 hydraulic lever won't lock in place

/ Ck20 hydraulic lever won't lock in place #1  

Carla Reitz

Tractor
Kioti CK20 HST
Have a 2005 Kioti ck20 hst. 14 years ago we took the backhoe off and hadn't used it since. Today we attempted to reattach it and while it definitely didn't go well, that'll be a separate post. My biggest issue right now is the hydraulic lever control will not stay in place. It immediately returns to neutral. It worked at first, but now it won't. Any ideas? Thanks

/ Ck20 hydraulic lever won't lock in place #2  
I believe the only option to get it functioning properly again is to pull off the rear remote, disassemble, clean and reinstall. All of which other than time consuming isn't a big deal assuming you're comfortable working wrenches. Just make sure once you've got the remote out that you do the work on it on a clean workbench as there's a number of small parts and springs... They want to travel great distances to hidden dusty corners if they get half a chance.
Assuming the rear remote is functioning properly other than not holding open the simple solution is any kind of strap to hold the lever in place while you're operating the backhoe.

E.

/ Ck20 hydraulic lever won't lock in place #3  
Mine stopped locking in place many years ago, I use a bungee to hold it in the on position. There's a small spring loaded ball that is supposed to lock the lever in place and it's housing is plastic failed on me a year or two after I bought my 2005 ck20.