CK20 Hydraulic Pump Fell Off ?

/ CK20 Hydraulic Pump Fell Off ? #1  

CitizenOfThePlanet

Silver Member
Good afternoon everyone!

I was just out ripping up stumps on an area we have been clearing, and the hydraulics on my backhoe stopped working. I looked down and noticed that the pump that attaches to the back of the tractor was hanging and no longer connected to the tractor. I have no idea how this fell off, is there a pin or something? Maybe something fell off the tractor? Anyway, I have no idea how to fix this, but when I put the shaft on the pump back onto the tractor, it just falls off again. Any help would be appreciated. Here is a photo:

IMG_0624.JPG

/ CK20 Hydraulic Pump Fell Off ? #2  
It doesn't look like it "fell off", it looks like the area took a shot.

/ CK20 Hydraulic Pump Fell Off ?
I did nothing out of the ordinary, just ripped up a stump, turned the tractor around to pick the stump up with my forks, brought the stump and dumped it in the woods, went back to get the next stump and this thing was just hanging there. No idea what to do about it?

/ CK20 Hydraulic Pump Fell Off ? #4  
So the coupler came off the pump. Pull the coupler off the pto shaft to start with.
There should be a key somewhere, to keep the coupler from spinning on the shaft of the pump. Then a set screw (maybe a bolt in from the end?) to hold the coupler/key on the pump. Then put the whole thing back on the PTO shaft.

Aeblank, I pulled off the coupler and was able to get it back onto the pump, but I had to use a hammer so it would fall into the right groove. There is a hole on the coupler which looks like a screw should go there, but the screw is missing, and I felt metal shards inside the coupler so I am assuming the screw was shredded?

/ CK20 Hydraulic Pump Fell Off ? #6  
What is "into the right groove"? Is that the key on one half going into the groove on the other?

yes, it's the key fitting into the groove on the other side.

/ CK20 Hydraulic Pump Fell Off ? #8  
The set screw probably just fell out. Just put a new one in. A bolt of in a pinch at those RPMs.

Thanks a lot for the help! I think that the set screw was shredded which is why I found the shards in the coupler so I think I have some work to do on the coupler because I can't stick a toothpick through the screw hole, I think it's plugged with the old screw still.

/ CK20 Hydraulic Pump Fell Off ? #10  
If the old set screw is in there, it may just need tightening. You know it's an allen key, right?
For future reference, cleaning the parts involved may have helped with reassembly.