ck20 questions

/ ck20 questions #1  

glengarrybo

I am looking at the CK20 with FEL , BH ,R4 tires loaded with
calcium and a rear hydraulic outlet.
What would be the best size of backhoe bucket for general use in stony clay soil?
How much difference in digging performance would there be in
comparing the CK20 to say a 30HP tractor?
What size of wood chipper could the CK20 comfortably tackle?
What sizes of brush cutter and snowblower would be the best match for the CK20?
Thanks for any tips!

/ ck20 questions #2  
As with all tractors, the implements must be rated for the PTO horsepower of your tractor. The frame mounted kioti backhoe that works with the CK20 is a strong digger, but you could get a deeper dig, longer reach with one that will fit on a 30HP tractor. The BH is hydraulic, so the PTO horsepower is not important to how well it will dig. As for bucket size, at least a 12" bucket will do fine as the larger you go, the more dirt the bucket has to try to dig and sometimes the smaller bucket will get through easier than a larger one. I ordered a 16" bucket for my CK20HST BH as I feel it will be generally adequate for my purposes, and I don't have tough soil/clay/rocks. I use only a 4ft brushcutter because I want to be able to get through my trees, but could use one 5' as long as it is rated for the PTO horsepower of my tractor which is 15.5 on the HST model, 16.5 on the manual CK20. You must make sure of this rating so you don't overpower your PTO and ruin something. The same with a chipper. You'll have to find one that will run on the PTO HP your tractor has. As for the snowblower, you're on your own, I live in Florida. Go to the kioti site and look at the model in which you're interested, check the specs and see which attachments they say will fit your model. Won't help with the chipper, they don't offer it. But they do mowers, tillers, boxblades and more on the site. Easiest way to remember is to find out what the minimum PTO, not engine HP any attachment requires. If it's higher than your tractor's rating, don't use it. Hope this helps, John

/ ck20 questions #3  
I don't think loaded tires is a must on a CK20 especially with a BH. I have to fill my FEL bucket with as much dirt as I can when working on some larger stumps. With the TLB set up, if it needs weight anywhere it would be on the front. The first picture in my webshots link below shows me popping a wheelie. Just a thot.

I got a 12 inch bucket mainly for digging up stumps, but it is plenty deep and moves quite a bit dirt as well.

/ ck20 questions #4  
Dewave, you may have answered this before, but where did you purchase your toothbar? I want to put one on my CK20 as well. I've found a few places to order one, just still looking for the best deal. Thanks, John

/ ck20 questions #5  
Hey John,
Mine was thrown in with the deal, so I don't know the cost. Anyway I got the 54" toothbar from
CarverEquipment , I have seen several people posting about their purchase of the toothbar from Carver and all were positive. It does make a big difference, especially when you forget it is down and move forward/backward on your nice lawn. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 376835-houseTractor.jpg
    376835-houseTractor.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 164
   / ck20 questions #7  
Thanks Tractorhill, but why are you yelling? all caps! LOL John

/ ck20 questions #8  
Tractorhill, I'm curious as to why you say any Woods dealer can get the toothbar. Woods does not have a toothbar listed in their product line. I know they say they have bolt on shanks for some of their buckets, but they don't mention a toothbar at all. Enlighten me? Thanks, John

/ ck20 questions #10  
<font color="#FF641A"> Thank you Charlie. Somehow I missed that when I went looking! Guess I was just checking tractor stuff? Anyway, I appreciate you taking time to help. John</font>
CK20Action