CK20HST creeping

/ CK20HST creeping #1  

glmf

Silver Member
Tractor
CK20HST
once my ck20hst is warmed up, with no pressure on the direction control pedal, the tractor will creep backwards. If you just put pressure on the forward side the tractor will go forward, but with your foot completely off the pedal the tractor creeps backwards. This is a recent development, as the tractor would sit nice and still with your foot off the pedal for the first five hours or so. Anyone have this problem and is it easily corrected, or should I contact the dealer as it is still warrantied?? Thanks guys

/ CK20HST creeping #2  
It's a simple adjustment of the pedal itself. I don't remember exactly the adjustment, but I am sure someone here will chime in with more info.

Do a search, I think there was a post about this before.

/ CK20HST creeping #3  
glmf said:
once my ck20hst is warmed up, with no pressure on the direction control pedal, the tractor will creep backwards. If you just put pressure on the forward side the tractor will go forward, but with your foot completely off the pedal the tractor creeps backwards. This is a recent development, as the tractor would sit nice and still with your foot off the pedal for the first five hours or so. Anyone have this problem and is it easily corrected, or should I contact the dealer as it is still warrantied?? Thanks guys

You just need to lubricate the pedal. With the tractor OFF move the pedal back and forth and spray some lube on all moving parts. Especially where the pedal connects to the transmission at the rock point.

Let it go too long and it will not want to stop after lifting off the pedal. Now that will get your attention!

Jim

/ CK20HST creeping
thanks guys, will check that out

/ CK20HST creeping
as was posted on here in another post, I will add resolution to my problem of creeping with foot off the HST pedal. Underneath the tractor by the hst pedal, there is a rod that slides through a cylinder looking thing(proximity type switch). The rod is actuated by moving the hst pedal and is connected to a hiem type ball joint on one end with a jam nut. The jam nut had come loose and the rod threaded itself way into the hiem joint. Only took a minute to figure out which way to adjust and presto, the tractor doesn't creep anymore.