CK20HST, no power, NOTHING, no dash, no lights, no start, #$@%^&C*!@!!!!!!!!!

/ CK20HST, no power, NOTHING, no dash, no lights, no start, #$@%^&C*!@!!!!!!!!! #11  
Really?! Your fuse panel is under your floorboards? I'd like to see pics of that setup. Both my prior DK-35se/hst and my current DK-40se/hst have all fuses in a covered box on the lower right of the steering column. I don't doubt what you're saying- I do find it near impossible to comprehend why anyone would put fuses in that location....

The fuse box on my 2005 DK45S in under the floorboard on the left side, inline with the left step . You pull back the rubber floor mat, then the foam cushion, and then remove a screw or two to access the fuses.

/ CK20HST, no power, NOTHING, no dash, no lights, no start, #$@%^&C*!@!!!!!!!!! #12  
My CK20 HST refused to start today. I am suspecting something is wrong with the ignition switch because the tach was being erratic last week and wiggling the key stopped it. When first trying to start it today it acted like the battery was dead. Again wiggling the key brought the dash lights on, it turns over but will not start.

I'm beginning to think the key switch is sensitive to moisture.

/ CK20HST, no power, NOTHING, no dash, no lights, no start, #$@%^&C*!@!!!!!!!!! #13  
My CK20 HST refused to start today. I am suspecting something is wrong with the ignition switch because the tach was being erratic last week and wiggling the key stopped it. When first trying to turn it over today it acted like the battery was dead. Again wiggling the key brought the dash lights on, it turns over but will not start.

I'm beginning to think the key switch is sensitive to moisture.

it is.

/ CK20HST, no power, NOTHING, no dash, no lights, no start, #$@%^&C*!@!!!!!!!!! #14  

I'll try some ignition cleaner. It only has 73 hours and is under warranty but the dealer is a long distance away. However, I'm having power steering problems too so may have to go there anyway. It would be nice to at least be able to drive it up on the trailer!

/ CK20HST, no power, NOTHING, no dash, no lights, no start, #$@%^&C*!@!!!!!!!!! #15  
I'll try some ignition cleaner. It only has 73 hours and is under warranty but the dealer is a long distance away. However, I'm having power steering problems too so may have to go there anyway. It would be nice to at least be able to drive it up on the trailer!

Have your dealer send you a new switch. It only takes a few minutes to take out and reinstall the new one.

/ CK20HST, no power, NOTHING, no dash, no lights, no start, #$@%^&C*!@!!!!!!!!! #16  
Steering is hydraulic....check the fluid level?

/ CK20HST, no power, NOTHING, no dash, no lights, no start, #$@%^&C*!@!!!!!!!!! #17  
I'll try some ignition cleaner. It only has 73 hours ...

This switch is very easy to remove and replace. It can also be disassembled and cleaned if you have mechanical aptitude. If you do disassemble it be careful so you don't lose any parts and take some photos to help reassemble it in the correct orientation. My DK45S switch was intermittent because of dirt in the contact area. The electrical part of the switch is very simple; it us a copper disk with raised tracks that make connections with the various contacts (connected to the wires) as the disk rotates. Worst case, you destroy the old switch and have to buy a new one, which is pretty-much where you are now.

What is the nature of your power steering problem?

/ CK20HST, no power, NOTHING, no dash, no lights, no start, #$@%^&C*!@!!!!!!!!! #18  
Peppermint oil will end your rodent problems. Soak cotten balls with it and place them in a small open container under the hood and under the dash. They hate it and will not come back.

/ CK20HST, no power, NOTHING, no dash, no lights, no start, #$@%^&C*!@!!!!!!!!! #19  
I just had the same problem. Tach, hour meter, head lights all inop. After checking every electrical connection on tractor that I could see without disassembly with no luck, I decided to take dash apart.
There was one blue colored relay under the dash on the upper right hand side. I disconnected the relay and pushed it back together and success! Tractor came to life. Evidently the relay had come loose and was not making a good connection.
Hope this helps

Last edited:
   / CK20HST, no power, NOTHING, no dash, no lights, no start, #$@%^&C*!@!!!!!!!!! #20  
I had a problem like that when the nut for the ignition switch loosened up so the switch had a bad ground.