CK20S transmission slipping

/ CK20S transmission slipping #21  
Please don't take this the wrong way, I would like to keep this on topic to find anyone that has experienced this transmission slipping problem before.
So the first few that posted about the clutch are not bothering you, alrighty then.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I am a CK20 HST owner describing how mine works so it is on topic as I see it.

/ CK20S transmission slipping #22  
What RPM's are u running? Are u in low range? Ck20s should have no problem lifting the tractor of the ground as long as you have enough rpm. The ck20 only has 7.66 gpm of pump flow though a single pump. This makes the hydraulic week at low rpm. Tires should also spin in low range with rpm. Good luck.

Just a quick post so the OP will not get mad at me, seeing I have a CK20 HST also, but full throttle.

/ CK20S transmission slipping #23  
Mine doesnt bog down, it will just stop moving and the transmission will whine. I obviously let off when this happens but I would like to know if anyone else had this issue and what they have done about it. The dealership says I am pushing the machine too hard but I think it should bog the engine down before slipping.

I dont think mine struggles to lift the front end up so to speak but it takes a little while.

This is what I thought the OP was wanting, input from other CK20HST owners, but I guess not.

/ CK20S transmission slipping #24  
What Gary said makes sense. You should do a pressure check. In the meantime you should not horse the tractor or push it beyond it's current limits.

/ CK20S transmission slipping #25  
Went out and rammed into a pile of dirt today to see if my CK20HST would slip, nope, rear tire did slip a little before bogging. There is a clutch on the CK20HST it is used to start and stop the rear PTO, I pushed slightly on it while doing a dirt push, it would not slip, it would stop the tractor if slightly pressed.

/ CK20S transmission slipping #26  
CK 20 is meant to be above 2000 RPM when Moving. At Idle or just above you are not developing enough pressure in the HST unit for it to Operate properly. If you have enough RPM's when you run into a pile of gravel or dirt pile you should stall the engine. if you back off the hydraulic go pedal the CK 20 will push until it spins the tires. Operating with the engine at too low an RPM range will harm the HST unit.

/ CK20S transmission slipping #27  
Yep. HST's are meant to operate at or near PTO rpms when moving. If you are trying to do this at lower rpm's, there's at least part of your problem. Gary Fowler may also be right, bypass pressure may be too low. But, first make sure you are using the tractor with sufficient rpms. And your tractor is not a bull dozer. So driving through a pile isn't what is was meant to do, especially not for such a little tractor.

/ CK20S transmission slipping
Thanks guys for the replies. I havent received my service manual yet but I going to try and adjust the PRV when it arrives. Just to save some time has anyone adjusted the HST PRV before and where is it located?

/ CK20S transmission slipping #29  
Thanks guys for the replies. I havent received my service manual yet but I going to try and adjust the PRV when it arrives. Just to save some time has anyone adjusted the HST PRV before and where is it located?

Hmm, piqued my interest here, I did some Googling and found on TBN on the CK25 http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/170325-how-increase-hst-relief-pressure.html, http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/122706-ck-20-hydrostatic-transmission-leak.html.
Seems the easiest is to shim the PRV while checking pressure, and it seems relatively easy to do.

/ CK20S transmission slipping #30  
So what has happened with this thread? Any news? Did you try upping the pressure? Jervis did you let the dealer handle it?