CK25 cold (hard) starting below 55?

/ CK25 cold (hard) starting below 55? #11  
I never even touch the throttle on mine. Let the light go out and the engine cranks over 1 or 2 times and fires right up. Starts very easy in my opinion.

/ CK25 cold (hard) starting below 55? #12  
Voltage testing at the glowplugs is fine, but you really need to check amp draw at each plug individually.

/ CK25 cold (hard) starting below 55? #13  
You should be checking your fuel, fuel filter, air filter, glow plugs. My DK45S starts reliable at -30F.
"Cold" in New Hampshire starts at 0F.

/ CK25 cold (hard) starting below 55? #14  
I would check glow plugs, maybe even the pre heater controller. Have you tried to manuelly engage the glow plugs with the key? It is just before the starter kicks in, there isn't any detent on the manuel engagement position.

/ CK25 cold (hard) starting below 55?
I think I've discovered some, if not the entire problem. It seems the GPs are not always getting the voltage (applied) on cold starts. I traced it back to a 12volt relay which is controlled by the timer module.

Either the the timer module is not turning on the relay, or the relay itself is not supplying the voltage every time. Since this relay is also the same type I had problems with turning on the fuel pump (no voltage output), it's reasonable to expect the same issue (bad contacts).

My dealer says he's seen problems with these relays that are used for several functions on the tractor. I'll replace it and report back.

When I supplied 12vdc direct (~8 seconds via the battery) it fired right up.

The tractor itself has been absolutely solid - but the electronics controlling it (relays especially) leaves something to be desired.

/ CK25 cold (hard) starting below 55? #16  
"turning on the fuel pump"

We have electric fuel pumps? Oh... maybe you mean the fuel cut solenoid on the injection pump. I thought maybe there was a lift pump that I hadn't seen.

/ CK25 cold (hard) starting below 55?
Opppsss.. My mistake. Yes.. the relay that supplies voltage to turn on/off the fuel cutoff solenoid.