ck25 hst pedal

/ ck25 hst pedal #1  

harold22348

Tractor
kioti ck25
I have a2008 ck25 hst and the hst pedal is extremely hard to move..any ideas?

/ ck25 hst pedal #2  
There is undoubtedly a neglected grease fitting on the pedal pivot. Grease it. You probably have to take it apart and clean it out first.

/ ck25 hst pedal
i have cleaned, lubed and disassembled the whole assy... there are no grease fittings... the shaft for the pedal goes into the trans. when the split pin for the pedal is removed the pedal moves freely and everything works normally. when i put the pin back in it is very stiff and hard to move.. dangerous... the shaft appears to be binding where it goes into the trans case... could the cruise control function be causing this even though the cruise is disengaged and moves freely?

/ ck25 hst pedal #4  
Did this binding shaft into the trans happen over time, just gradually getting worse or suddenly like just one day it became stiff?
Why do you think cruise would have any influence on the shaft movement?
When did you last do filter/fluid service on the HST?
How many hours on the tractor?

/ ck25 hst pedal
it happened all at once.. tractor is serviced by the book and has just over 600 hours, I suspect maybe cruise because when I would use it, it would ratchet into cruise and release. now it just pops in and out.. cruise lever on trans moves freely and has same style shaft as hst pedal. the cruise shaft has end play and moves freely whereas the hst pedal does not. I removed the retainer for the hst pedal and the shaft will not move in and out (end play) I tried to find a parts breakdown so I could see how the cruise works internally. short of a teardown I see no way to release it if it is stuck. I have only used the cruise once or twice going to the neighbors.. it is not a necessity.

/ ck25 hst pedal #7  
i have cleaned, lubed and disassembled the whole assy... there are no grease fittings... the shaft for the pedal goes into the trans. when the split pin for the pedal is removed the pedal moves freely and everything works normally. when i put the pin back in it is very stiff and hard to move.. dangerous... the shaft appears to be binding where it goes into the trans case... could the cruise control function be causing this even though the cruise is disengaged and moves freely?

I still think there is a grease fitting below the floorboard.

/ ck25 hst pedal
I had the whole floor off and all linkages to the hst pedal itself off. there is one fitting and it is on the heim joint on the end of one of the dampeners. the shaft is not bent.. it would take an act of God to bend the shaft. there is a seal where the shaft goes into the trans so I assume the shaft is lubed by the trans fluid. if anyone knows where I can get a parts breakdown that may help.. also where is a good source for parts. I need a fuel level sender and seatbelt retractor... the dealer in town here is no help and the next closets is 2 hours away.. it took them 45 minutes just to find my filters the first time I went in.. so I saved the labels with the part numbers just to make it easy on them and I crossed all filters except the 2 hydrolic filters over to wix numbers...

/ ck25 hst pedal #9  
try a kioti dealer if there is one close by.

/ ck25 hst pedal #10  
First, forgive my mechanical ignorance.

I know over in the Bobcat forum there have been conversations about lazy hydro pedals. (I wouldn't call your description a lazy pedal). I seem to recall some of that conversation mentioned a possible relationship between cruise control malfunction and
the lazy hydro pedal.

Take this info. for what it's worth.