CK25 Leaking Hydraulic Fluid?

/ CK25 Leaking Hydraulic Fluid?
Thanks for the help. Yes, I will contact Bob @ Michigan Iron, and post here what he says about how to do this repair using the new part.

I'm pretty sure Robert at MIE sent you the right part. Your new cooler looks like what I've seen on newer tractors. The foil over the holes is just to keep contaminants out until installed. Remove them prior to conecting the hoses. The bolts holding the hoses on the cooler are called banjo bolts and fluid travels through them. There will be a rubber o-ring under the head of the bolt that seals on the top of the hose end and another rubber o-ring under the hose end that seals against the cooler. I still have the old style cooler with the same hoses as yours. If you can loosen and rotate the hoses so they can mount properly that would work but I think the hoses would now be bending or leaning forward and they're pretty stiff. Kioti may have also made revisions to the hoses for the new wider cooler and have shortened the horizontal metal section at the top of the hoses to keep the rubber part of the hoses perfectly verticle. I'd give Robert at MIE a call and ask if there was a change. If you find out please post the info. I may be in the same situation as you. I don't remember any member posting what they had to do when going to the new style cooler with the existing rubber hoses. I do remember a dealer mentioning that when you change to the new style cooler, you need two hoses but it wasn't explained if the new hoses were to replace the old style full metal lines or you would need them even if you already had the rubber hoses on the old style cooler.

If you are asking how much the new HST cooler was, $297 from Michigan Iron. If you Google the part number, T2185-37021, you will find quite a few outfits selling it.

MTUser - Can you give us a heads up on the cost . Has anyone tried an automotive type cooler ?

/ CK25 Leaking Hydraulic Fluid? #13  
MTUser, have you had a chance to talk with MIE and figure out the hoses? I hope the old ones would work because I believe they aren't cheap.

Thanks for checking in with me. Work was really busy for me so I put this to one side for a while. I've been buying tools like a 21MM wrench and trying to find the right transmission fluid. And that is what I need help with. The tractor manual says these fluids work:

Mobilfluid 423 or 424
Exxon Hydraul 560
DONAX-TD/TD Plus
Tractan UTH

I've been to stores like Wal-Mart, Tractor Supply and Shipton's Big R and no one has any of this fluid. I found some fluid at Wal-Mart that listed a bunch of tractors on the back. I've uploaded a picture below:

Walmart Hydraulic Transmission Fluid 800.jpg

Will this fluid work? If not, where is a good place to buy this fluid? I don't want to take the tractor apart until I have everything I need to put it back together in working shape.

MTUser, have you had a chance to talk with MIE and figure out the hoses? I hope the old ones would work because I believe they aren't cheap.

/ CK25 Leaking Hydraulic Fluid? #15  
Here's a Kioti chart that names some you listed and some others. View attachment Lubricants-Chart-2012-07-20.pdf

The Shell Donax TD has been renamed to Shell Spirax. Most of the time, you have to go to an oil supply place to get those listed. Sometimes NAPA will carry one of those listed and members have posted some Walmarts carrying those brands but my local Walmart is like yours. As far as tractor supply center, members have posted that the TSC "premium" hydraulic fluid works well. TSC also has a standard hydro fluid and I have also seen the Mystic hydro fluid there sometimes. The oil needed in general is a 10W-30 multi weight hydro oil that is for common sump, wet brakes, transmission, differential, and hydraulic pumps. The Walmart oil looks like it would work but members have posted good service with the TSC oil. Unless you are going to change your oil, you'll probably only lose a quart or so. TSC sells it in 1 and 5 gallon containers. It takes 8 gallons for a full fill after drain and filters.

I hope this helps.

This is really helpful, especially the PDF that you attached. Thank you. I'll shop for the fluid and finish the job. I now have the wrenches so that I can loosen the rubber hoses that come out of the tractor floor and tilt in towards one another so that they fit the old cooler. I need them be about parallel to work with the new cooler.

Here's a Kioti chart that names some you listed and some others. View attachment 356640

The Shell Donax TD has been renamed to Shell Spirax. Most of the time, you have to go to an oil supply place to get those listed. Sometimes NAPA will carry one of those listed and members have posted some Walmarts carrying those brands but my local Walmart is like yours. As far as tractor supply center, members have posted that the TSC "premium" hydraulic fluid works well. TSC also has a standard hydro fluid and I have also seen the Mystic hydro fluid there sometimes. The oil needed in general is a 10W-30 multi weight hydro oil that is for common sump, wet brakes, transmission, differential, and hydraulic pumps. The Walmart oil looks like it would work but members have posted good service with the TSC oil. Unless you are going to change your oil, you'll probably only lose a quart or so. TSC sells it in 1 and 5 gallon containers. It takes 8 gallons for a full fill after drain and filters.

I hope this helps.

/ CK25 Leaking Hydraulic Fluid? #17  
I've been to stores like Wal-Mart, Tractor Supply and Shipton's Big R and no one has any of this fluid. I found some fluid at Wal-Mart that listed a bunch of tractors on the back. I've uploaded a picture below:

View attachment 356636

Will this fluid work? If not, where is a good place to buy this fluid? I don't want to take the tractor apart until I have everything I need to put it back together in working shape.
Yes it will work. I've used it before in my DK 35. Works fine.
A heavy duty tractor hydraulic/transmission fluid compatible with wet brakes should be fine.

/ CK25 Leaking Hydraulic Fluid? #18  
The hoses should mount up as long as they can pivot to meet the wider cooler and the ends mount flat on the cooler. That chart was posted a while ago by another member. Sorry, I can't remember who to give the credit.

If Vince has used that Walmart fluid in his tractor, then it would work. He probably has well over 1,500 hours by now. Also, he clued me in years ago on the 5W-40 synthetic engine oil, Shell Rotella, that makes for easier starts in this nasty Winter cold.

I hope all goes well.

Thanks for the tip. I bought a gallon and started work.

Yes it will work. I've used it before in my DK 35. Works fine.
A heavy duty tractor hydraulic/transmission fluid compatible with wet brakes should be fine.

Thank you for the encouragement. I've posted a picture at the end of this thread that shows how the tractor looked with the new cooler installed. PS, I also figured out that Rotella 5W-40 synthetic was the way to go to start a tractor in cold weather. I think I'll try it in my F350 too on the next oil change.

The hoses should mount up as long as they can pivot to meet the wider cooler and the ends mount flat on the cooler. That chart was posted a while ago by another member. Sorry, I can't remember who to give the credit.

If Vince has used that Walmart fluid in his tractor, then it would work. He probably has well over 1,500 hours by now. Also, he clued me in years ago on the 5W-40 synthetic engine oil, Shell Rotella, that makes for easier starts in this nasty Winter cold.

I hope all goes well.