Ck25 vs Ck 30 - Which one??

/ Ck25 vs Ck 30 - Which one??
Thanks for all the feedback....

Anybody have issues with tearing up the lawn with these guys using r4's. We are in the country, so nobody but us and the deer look at it anyways, but would like to keep it looking decent...

/ Ck25 vs Ck 30 - Which one?? #12  
Seriously consider the shuttle shift - you will find it very easy to use, and you will get more PTO HP. This would make the CK25 more viable and even less expensive, or allow you to step up to the CK30 for about the same cost as the CK25HST. HST is not as big as deal when you're using it as it appears to be when you're shopping - some of us even like gears better . /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Ck25 vs Ck 30 - Which one?? #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Anybody have issues with tearing up the lawn with these guys using r4's. We are in the country, so nobody but us and the deer look at it anyways, but would like to keep it looking decent... )</font>
I have pretty sandy soil, and a yard, not a lawn. I have no problems with the R4's on the CK20HST as long as I stay in 2WD. I've had a little problem in 4WD, but not much. John

/ Ck25 vs Ck 30 - Which one?? #14  
I agree with Chris. I bought the CK 25HST last year, mid summer. I got the fel and the First Choice 60" finish mower, and First Choice 56" tiller. My grass never gets high and the 60" mower has no problems at all. I like the 60" because it will clear what ever the tires clear going in a straight line, which is nice for mowing up close to fences! The 72" will be fine if the blades are sharp and the grass is not too high or tough, and gives that extra width in cut. I looked at a CK30 shuttle shift yesterday while buying filters. If I could go back, thats what I would buy. The HST is only good in low range for any kind of work other than mowing grass( for me). The shuttle shift would be more powerful being a gear drive. You also loose the use of the rear brakes( no spinning around on a dime) on the HST. I might go back and talk a swap! I would also get the CK30 for the extra HP. The HST is very useful in changing directions, but not so much so if you are going forward most of the time.

/ Ck25 vs Ck 30 - Which one?? #15  
jpierce, One of the things you mention is that you are using this tractor for 40 acres and with that said ,generally when trying to decide on all the uses for a tractor you will think for days if not longer about all the scenario's you will have for your new Tool. But no-one knows the future and for that much property I would want the little edge of that 5hp for perhaps the unforseen needs down the road... It is easier to not use the extra 5hp than need it and not have it.. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Now thats my 2 cents, that you can take to the CFO..

/ Ck25 vs Ck 30 - Which one?? #16  
<font color="blue"> You also loose the use of the rear brakes( no spinning around on a dime) on the HST. </font>

Not necessarily so. The brake pedals are designed so you can seperate them. One brake pedal is wired to release the cruise control. The other brake pedal is designed to NOT release the cruise control. You set the cruise control, when you get to the end of your row you push the individual brake pedal NOT wired to release the cruise control. I'm not sure if it's the right pedal or the left. At any rate, you use only one pedal to spin around. Your are limited to all right turns or all left turns depending on which pedal is not wired into the cruise control.

Don

/ Ck25 vs Ck 30 - Which one?? #17  
Don, I didn't know that, but my cruise control doesn't hold good either. I know, it's a warranty issue, but I did try to adjust it. Might try your unlocking the brakes idea and see what happens.