Ck2510 - appeared like glow plugs failed.

/ Ck2510 - appeared like glow plugs failed. #1  

Everhard

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti Ck2510
Fyi for anyone troubleshooting a difficult to start ck2510 (or I'm sure other models) - my dash would show the glow plug light, it would stay on the typical amount of time, but then turning the key right afterwards the engine would have to turn over a lot before finally stuttering to a start with an accompanying amount of not normal smoke - obviously the glow plugs were not doing the job.
Further inspection shows that the 3 plugs are all fed by one common rail so to test them individually requires pulling that rail off. ...I didn't bother.
But! At the last minute it dawned on me there must be a relay. Anyway I went to the dealer, got 3 plugs and a relay, installed the relay first before doing anything else and problem solved. The offending relay had one leg that had black plastic starting to melt on it.
So if you're dealing with a hard to start engine check the relays first - there are 2, both located in the engine compartment on the firewall, on the right side. One for starting functions and one for the glow plugs. (Only need to change the one)

E.

/ Ck2510 - appeared like glow plugs failed. #2  
Thanks for sharing that information and I guess your reward is a spare set of glow plugs for the next time you have trouble.

/ Ck2510 - appeared like glow plugs failed.
Lol yep. Well the dealer said they would take them back if I didn't open the package.
For what they are worth I might hang on to them. Save me the trip one day in the middle of a winter to go get them from the dealer! (Or find out that they don't have stock.)

E.

/ Ck2510 - appeared like glow plugs failed. #4  
What was the cost of the parts? Could you post a picture of the relay location in question?

The relay is generic so you could get that anywhere, likely cheaper then the dealer. Not sure if that's the case with the glow plugs. I'll check my invoice - they were something like $47 CAD? That's per plug, I don't remember exactly! Under $50 each.
When I get home I'll try to remember to snap a pic.

E.

IMG_20220817_201331.jpg
not the greatest pic but there ya go! The black relay near the top center of the photo below the green tag is the one I replaced, the blue one a little below it is the other one.

Hope that helps.

E.

/ Ck2510 - appeared like glow plugs failed. #7  
Perfect. That’s sure to help someone else with a similar issue. 😉

/ Ck2510 - appeared like glow plugs failed. #8  
I could be wrong but I think there was a thread and someone had posted that this Bosch 0332209150 relay will work. They can be found on Amazon for around $11. Double check as my memory is starting to go and I may have saved that Bosch relay for a different application but I'm pretty sure it was for the starting issue as my tractor is starting to develop an issue.

/ Ck2510 - appeared like glow plugs failed. #9  
That's look great. I have more useful information.

At least on the CK2510 it's just a standard relay you can get anywhere. More importantly in my case is why the relay failed - turned out it was the plug that the relay goes into. (I never expected that - given there's nothing to the plug!) So if your relay fails check that plug - one pin wasn't able to make good contact until I cleaned up the plug end so that it would spring properly around the pin.

E.