CK2510 to larger CK

/ CK2510 to larger CK #1  

southernAL

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2510hst
Has anyone on here traded up their CK2510 to a larger CK2610,3510 or 4010? I'm just wondering how the HST is compared to the 2510. To me it seems like the HST is not that smooth on my 2510. At low rpm's it's kinda jerky. Anyone else experienced this?

/ CK2510 to larger CK #2  
While i never owned a ck2510. I was choosing between the ck2510 and the 2610. I went with the 2610 because i thought the heavier weight and bigger frame would be better for long term use and maybe handle a bit more work. That said, The HST on the 2610 i find in no way what so ever jerky. It is smooth as a puppies belly. I know its not safe, but there has been times where i find myself on the ground and need to move the tractor an inch forward or back. With a bit of pressure from one finger i can make small adjustments as needed and it moves slow and steady. I think the 3 speed hst is the big bonus here. Often, i run in the M setting or the L for when i am plowing or scooping dirt and working it. But if i am just driving around property with a load of horse manure i keep her in M and she runs great. H is really only good for the road or down a good lane. Not much power just good speed. I always run my kioti at the 540e notch on rpm gauge unless i need power for rotary implement or cruising down road.

Of course it could be different using a 3510 or 4010. I would think the 2 speed in the 2510 may be jerky because its hard to find a good pace, either to slow or to fast for the job at hand. There are times i wish i went with the 2510, as it has a smaller footprint and would fit in my barn or down trail easier. But I figured the 2610 would be ok, even tho its big it can do more and is heavier built. As far as an 3510, i though about it long and hard, it was 2000 more than the 2610 and i thought about it hard and decided if i needed more horse power i would buy an old allis chalmers or massey to do baler work or something in future. As most my loader work , is easily done with the 2610. I couldnt suggest the 4010, not that its not a good tractor. But it is same motor from 3510 just tuned. and if I wanted 40 horse or needed the power i would have got a dk4510 as it would be better equipped to handle the power loads.

/ CK2510 to larger CK #3  
Go with a little higher RPM's that's how HST works if it's jerky the trans needs more rpm for hydraulic flow.

/ CK2510 to larger CK
I guess I should clarify, I only really notice it not too smooth when I first start it up cold and pretty much at idle or maybe a touch more and try and move it around. Billrog, that makes sense. Thanks for the replies

/ CK2510 to larger CK #5  
I have a new ck3510 HST ive only put 5 hours on. I'm enjoying it but I'm a new tractor owner so don't have much to compare it to. I have been having some issues on steeper hills if I'm on medium gear losing RPM and having to shift down to low to keep going up the hill. Not sure if that's normal, but if it is everything seems great so far.

/ CK2510 to larger CK #6  
I have a new ck3510 HST ive only put 5 hours on. I'm enjoying it but I'm a new tractor owner so don't have much to compare it to. I have been having some issues on steeper hills if I'm on medium gear losing RPM and having to shift down to low to keep going up the hill. Not sure if that's normal, but if it is everything seems great so far.

That is normal. With an HST, you're going to slow down going uphill, unless you speed up the engine to compensate. The lower the range setting, the less it is affected.

From my early reading here, I always aim to keep my RPMs around 2,000 when moving. When coming to a hill, I'll run it up to 2,100 or 2,200. As the motor slows down, due to the hill, I let off the pedal enough to keep the engine at around 2,000.

Unless your HST is throttle-linked, it does not accelerate the engine like a car's gas pedal, so, assuming you're wanting to maintain engine speed when you get to the hill, you let off the pedal, rather than press it harder. It takes some getting used to, but it'll feel natural eventually.