CK2510/ woods lr72 rake

/ CK2510/ woods lr72 rake #1  

tiogajoe

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610hst
Can anyone tell me if I would be able to rotate a 72" rake on the CK2510? I'm looking at a Woods LR72 that is on sale for $650? Might be a little wider than I need but it seems like a hard deal to pass up? I do have a quick hitch on my tractor which I think might give me a little more room to spin the rake 360 degrees? Any other experience with the 2510 with a rake would be appreciated???

/ CK2510/ woods lr72 rake #2  
I used my friend's York rake on mine, but I think it's bigger than 6'. It's a TSC model and I was able to rotate it, but I think I had to shorten the top link a lot to get the clearance. Which is no big deal since the top link will have to be adjusted if you're pushing as opposed to pulling. And it works differently each way. I don't have much experience with the york rake but I was using it angled and I think more width is good. I was raking the rocks out of my neighbors yard and could have spent more time but he wanted to get the seed down.

I don't think you want less than 72".

/ CK2510/ woods lr72 rake
Thanks Buggs67. I pull and ETA 54" Box blade with no problems. I was going to order the ETA 5 foot rake that is the same price as the Woods LR72. ETA has a 2/3 week wait. The woods blade also seems very heavy duty? I've got a lot of cleaning up on our 12ac. plot.

/ CK2510/ woods lr72 rake #4  
I got a 5' box blade from TSC with a 10% off coupon. Only used it for grading and snow so far. I'm sure it could dig in enough to stop my tractor but then I'll just pull a digger or two and take a smaller bite.