CK2610 filter change.

/ CK2610 filter change. #11  
I don't remember exactly where, but I have read on diffetent threads that the Rotella is good. It meets the spec requirements in the book for my CK2610. I just did my 50 hr 2 days ago. I was going to use oil from my dealer, but he was short so went to auto supply, got Rotella 10W30. Should be good.

/ CK2610 filter change. #12  
I知 in Canada and I use Amsoil 5w40 for the engine oil, and Klondike full syn for the UTF.

/ CK2610 filter change. #13  
Hey guys since it was nice here today I decided to change out the filters on cs2210. When I pulled one filter off I noticed the oil looked like it was a little milky so I decided to just drain it all and replace it. Around here I don稚 have a lot of choices for oils but shell rotella HD is available at Canadian tire would that be a good oil or should I just go back to the dealer and get the oil they sell? They sell Mag 1 which I have 2 gallons of here so that痴 probably what I値l do I was just wondering if the shell stuff was as good or better.

Shell Rotella HD is a great oil , but may be a little thick for the cs2210 in the Canadian winter, as it seems to be a 10W-30 from what I can find. I'm unsure of what Mag 1 oil they are carrying, but I would think you would want a 10W-20. In either case, I'm sure you could do far worse to that tractor than put Rotella HD in it, but if your dealer is selling you Mag 1, and there is little choice available locally, thats what I'd use.

/ CK2610 filter change.
Hey guys since it was nice here today I decided to change out the filters on cs2210. When I pulled one filter off I noticed the oil looked like it was a little milky so I decided to just drain it all and replace it. Around here I don稚 have a lot of choices for oils but shell rotella HD is available at Canadian tire would that be a good oil or should I just go back to the dealer and get the oil they sell? They sell Mag 1 which I have 2 gallons of here so that痴 probably what I値l do I was just wondering if the shell stuff was as good or better.

If you ran your tractor before you changed the fluid it will look a little milky. That's all the little air bubbles in the fluid. If you take a small sample of it and let it sit it will clear up. Still not any harm it changing it out. I would think Shell HD is fine.

/ CK2610 filter change. #15  
Thanks tiogajoe. I did realize what was going with the oil after a while. It did clear up after it had a chance to settle down, I guess I should have known better but figured if I was going to go through the trouble and cost of the filters I might as well just change out the oil too since this machine only holds a little over 3 gallons anyway. I decided to go with the oil that the dealer sells and will have to get some more tomorrow after work since I only had 2 gallons on hand but it’s not a big deal their only about 10 minutes away.

/ CK2610 filter change. #16  
Generally for a cold Canadian winter, you want the first number in the multigrade to be low: a 0W or a 5W. The second number is the operating temperature weight. For a diesel you want a 30 or a 40. I use a 40 for the extra protection.