ck2610 hst 50 hour service

/ ck2610 hst 50 hour service #21  
I'm approaching 50hrs on my 2610HST and I'm a little confused about the HST and hydraulic fluid change. I have ordered the filter kit that has the oil, fuel, HST, hydraulic, and air filter. Various posts on TBN seem to indicate that the HST and hydraulic fluids are separate, but the manual only covers transmission fluid and filter. Are there separate drains for the HST and hydraulics? Where are the drain bolt and fill port for the hydraulics and what is the capacity? I have 7.5gal of Mobilfluid 424 to cover the 5.8gal of transmisison fluid per the manual, but now I'm not sure I have enough if the hydraulics are separate.

Thanks for the info!

The fluid is the same for the HST and hydraulic. Drain and fill from common sump, not different locations. Mine held <6 gallons when I changed the fluid and filters

Fill for hydraulic is the dipstick in the 3point ***** area under the gas tank.

The drain is on the bottom of transaxle.

I also changed the front axle fluid at the 50 hour mark.

/ ck2610 hst 50 hour service #22  
Wonderful! Thank you for the clarifications on the HST/hydraulic fluids. Looks like I'm good to go for the upcoming service!

/ ck2610 hst 50 hour service #23  
I often see mentions of the Magnason Moss Act on many automotive websites. There are people than can quote it down to the smallest detail. What most keyboard jockeys fail to point out is, that just because there is something in the law to protect a consumer, it DOESNT always mean that the protections make sense. I will tell you folks this from first hand experience...... Enforcement of the Magnason Moss act, should the manufacturer dig in their heels, will often wind up costing you more in legal fees than the repairs would cost if you just went outa pocket. Good luck finding an attorney who will represent you contingent on a favorable decision!!! With all that said it makes sense to me to not tempt fate and use OEM consumables.

/ ck2610 hst 50 hour service #24  
Here is my recent bill for the 50 hour service in Sept. 2020. I had changed the transmission to Mobil 424 and the front axle to gear oil just before this service. Lots of discussion on whether these are needed at 50 hours as they are not called for in the owner's manual, but most agree it's your investment, do as you see fit.

Like most service bills, I don't think many of the items listed were actually done. Never saw a torque wrench come out, or any adjustments made. Pretty much oil change and the filters as described. And this was done at my house, which is about 15 miles from the dealer. This was included for free as part of purchasing the tractor, but the technician did not know that at the time so billed as shown. My dealer charges reasonable prices in my mind.

Hope this helps, Toukow

View attachment 680051