Ck2610 HST

/ Ck2610 HST #41  
I just joined the 2610 HST family yesterday.

Did a little bush Hogging yesterday and went though some 3-4 inch stuff. Using a Bush Hog brand 5 footer.

My dealer puts fluid with antifreeze in the rear, Slime in the front tires and he uses Gell batteries in all his tractors.

View attachment 526119

Uh, there's no 2" cutting capacity rotary cutter available for 21hp output PTO that I know of. Having only 21hp at the shaft at full throttle, we really have no business rolling over anything beyond 2". Practical use is 1" and less.

They say Antifreeze works to this day, but I can tell you our last two tractors (AC WD45 and Farmall Super H) used antifreeze and we had a lot of corrosion over decades. We ended up needing tubes. Not to mention it weighs less than beet juice/rim guard.

Slime in the front? For small self sealing punctures? Or weight?

Gell Cell in a tractor doesn't make any sense to me and they are not great batteries typically. May he meant AGM?

Interesting dealer you have there!

/ Ck2610 HST
Welcome to the family of the 2610. When my tractor was deliveried the head lights didn't work either and all it was the plug just unplugged. My horn didn't work either when I got the tractor but I tried it on the weekend and it worked so not sure what was up with that. I'm not sure what's in my rear tires but I know each one has 300 pounds in them. I bought my tractor based on dealer as well only being less then 10 minutes away from me and the kioti was for sure a way better tractor then any other I looked at in my price range. I haul my tractor on a 16 foot car hauler. It tows way better then my old MF35 I had before.

/ Ck2610 HST #43  
Uh, there's no 2" cutting capacity rotary cutter available for 21hp output PTO that I know of. Having only 21hp at the shaft at full throttle, we really have no business rolling over anything beyond 2". Practical use is 1" and less.

They say Antifreeze works to this day, but I can tell you our last two tractors (AC WD45 and Farmall Super H) used antifreeze and we had a lot of corrosion over decades. We ended up needing tubes. Not to mention it weighs less than beet juice/rim guard.

Slime in the front? For small self sealing punctures? Or weight?

Gell Cell in a tractor doesn't make any sense to me and they are not great batteries typically. May he meant AGM?

Interesting dealer you have there!

It was likely in that area. 1-2 inch diameter for the majority perhaps it really wasthere was a stem or two were larger that that. Small new trees of about two year growth. Does anyone really ever measure? Its actually closer to 22hp but whos splitting hairs? LOL. Does anyone every stop and not go though a stem thats closer to 3"? Really? no... you slow down and hope! Im just saying that it did it. It did bog a bit on a few of the multi stem ones but it grunted, dropped a few hundred RMP then caught up and went right on. I didnt measure them but I do know that I thought they might be a bit much and was worried how a few of them would do.

Can't say for sure what fluid they used. I just assumed. So I could be out of touch with the modern methods. But I had antifreeze and water in the Ford and had it in there for 24 years without a problem.

Slime for self sealing. We have a regular problem with thorns here from these second generation Bradford Pear trees. A real pain the arse for tubed tires. The Ford would have a flat tire almost every time I bush hogged. The old tripple ribbed ag tires on the front of that thing.

Yes... AGM perhaps. Ill have to actually look to be sure.

Last edited:
   / Ck2610 HST #44  
16 foot eh? Wow.. got any pictures of that? How you do it and all?

/ Ck2610 HST
16 foot eh? Wow.. got any pictures of that? How you do it and all?

I usually just float the tractor only. All my implements are at my bush lot. Only reason I brought the tractor home was to make my chainsaw scabboard, chain holders, spill guard and have the rear chains installed. IMG_0394.JPGIMG_0398.JPG

/ Ck2610 HST #46  
Ya know... that works. And.. it also looks like you could just let the Bush hog hang off if you had it on there because of the stowable ramps instead of the typical fold up ramps that an equipment trailer has. Thanks for that. Very workable solution. Shame of it is that I had one of those trailer and sold it back when I had the Ford. Ford was too wide for that trailer. This Kioti actual would have fit it. Wish now I had kept it.

/ Ck2610 HST
Ya know... that works. And.. it also looks like you could just let the Bush hog hang off if you had it on there because of the stowable ramps instead of the typical fold up ramps that an equipment trailer has. Thanks for that. Very workable solution. Shame of it is that I had one of those trailer and sold it back when I had the Ford. Ford was too wide for that trailer. This Kioti actual would have fit it. Wish now I had kept it.

That's what I use to do with the old 35 let the brush Hogg hang off the back the couple times I floated it. I don't even need to use the ramps loading and unloading the kioti just use two 6x6 blocks. The kioti sure tows awesome.

/ Ck2610 HST #48  
I just stepped it off a few minutes ago. And I think it would fit on a 20 footer pretty nicely. When I have time I'll crank it up and tuck the bucket in and actually measure it. But I think I could load all that stuff and set the Tiller under the bucket up front and haul all of that stuff on a 20 footer

/ Ck2610 HST
I just stepped it off a few minutes ago. And I think it would fit on a 20 footer pretty nicely. When I have time I'll crank it up and tuck the bucket in and actually measure it. But I think I could load all that stuff and set the Tiller under the bucket up front and haul all of that stuff on a 20 footer

I think you could as well. I know I would have room for my tiller on my trailer.

/ Ck2610 HST #50  
I have the same size tractor as you and when I first got it I had a 16 foot utility trailer. I made it work until I could get a 20 footer with a bit more capacity.
It was kind of nutty trying to hall every thing on the 16 and pushing the weight of what it was rated for.
My neighbor also has similar tractor that we have and opted for a light weight 18'. Though better than my 16 still to small and light weight in my opinion.
So yes the 20' with dual 5000 pound axles fits everything I need to haul with some but not a lot of extra space. It fits the bill well for me. IMG_1104.JPG