CK2610

/ CK2610
For our OP, just figure on approx $250 extra for all the fluids and filters, and doing ur yourself. Only thing I would point out, somethings like the front axle take way more gear oil than you would expect, and by the same token, there is more old fluid in it than you think. Your old 6 quart car drain pan isn't gonna cut it.
Thanks for the advice everyone. I was mostly going to take it to the dealer to give it a good check over since I’ve never owned a tractor before. Most of my “wrenching” has been on my atv but very minor like winch install, brake pads, calipers, and new rotors. And to get a 3rd valve installed for a grapple but maybe I’ll just have them install the valve and pull the trigger and do the service myself. Pickup all of the filters at the dealership.

I’ll have to check out the manual to see what kind of zerks they take. Saw they are fairly cheaply made. Seller did mention he probably could have greased them more but they all looked well greased when I inspected it.

/ CK2610 #13  
I do know I was able to cross oil filter to a Wix for like $7.99 shipped 1 day; vs $24+ from Kioti online dealers (thats for a Chinese knock off of the Kioti); and I like Wix filters.

/ CK2610 #14  
I'm at 50.9 hrs, and looking at doing my 50 hr service. Book calls for hydro filter but not fluid; and change engine oil and filter. I notice a lot of the 50 hr service kits include new air filter, but that seems over the top to replace.

My original plan was hydro filter and fluid, along with engine oil and filter. Now, I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna do hydro filter (both) as book calls for, and oil filter/oil. I've already done front axle at like 25 hrs.

My dealer recommended I change the fluid too at 50 hours even though the manual said not to. I’m glad I did, I was already under there pulling filters so draining the fluid wasn’t anymore difficult and now I’m good for a while. Also the hydro whine has quieted a bit with the new fluid.

/ CK2610 #15  
@ODZD did you end up pick up the tractor? I just picked up both trans filters at the dealer, $77 for both. Could have saved some cash on that; But salesman pointed out something:
both trans filters are externally identical, and even the filter part numbers are Very similar; but one has a concave mating surface and the other has a convex mating surface. What's several YouTube videos, and noone ever pointed that out. Point being, when you pull the filter, look at it, and match new filter, can't go wrong. (Haven't done it yet, just looked at the surfaces, so... but unless he sold me the wrong parts, it's pretty apparent when you know what to look at)

/ CK2610 #16  
Not to high jack the OPs thread; but I just finished the 50 hr service; oil $37 for Shell Rotella 2.5gal; $5.99 for Wix oil filter; $77 for both hydro filters and 5 gal of hydralic fluid at $64/5 gal. I bought 10 gal because they didn't have 2.5 gal available, and book calls for 5.8 gal. Only needed 5.0 gal to get to full.

Couple notes;
1: the filters were not bad at all; several videos online say they are Extremely tight/painted on; mine came off with normal effort, and a cheesy filter wrench, zero issue
2: the hydralic system, 1 filter had a flake of white paint, and the drain plug had some shaving on magnet;
3: oil filter was strangely almost empty? Maybe position? Maybe just cause it's been 2 weeks since I started it?
4: you will want or need a flex neck funnel
5: you Will loose enough hydralic changing the filters to need topped off; didn't feel good about mixing old and new fluid, so did full fluid change

/ CK2610
So we just settled on a price and he still has a loan so we have to figure out how to make that work where both parties feel comfortable before giving up finances before tractor and vice versa.

Thanks for the helpful information on the service, it’ll be the first thing I do once I have it home! Does the owner’s manual give specs on fluids and how much it should need and what type?

/ CK2610 #18  
So we just settled on a price and he still has a loan so we have to figure out how to make that work where both parties feel comfortable before giving up finances before tractor and vice versa.

Thanks for the helpful information on the service, it’ll be the first thing I do once I have it home! Does the owner’s manual give specs on fluids and how much it should need and what type?
Yes. If you don't get manual, I can snap you a picture.

For engine oil, I just got the 2.5 gal jug of shell Rotella 15W40.

Front axle, it's been a bit, but was over 1 gal of gear oil

Hydralic system, lists 5.8 gal, but one full 5 gal bucket got me to full.

/ CK2610 #19  
I haven't (knock on wood) had an issue with loose nuts and bolts (well, my SMV sign a nut vibrated off, but that doesn't count), but you will want to check nuts and bolts to make sure nothing has loosened up too.

/ CK2610
I haven't (knock on wood) had an issue with loose nuts and bolts (well, my SMV sign a nut vibrated off, but that doesn't count), but you will want to check nuts and bolts to make sure nothing has loosened up too.
Looks like his dealer marked them with paint pen and everything looked right but I’ll give it a good check once I get it back home.