CK2610H/3510H Misleading Owner’s Manual Data ‘Rated RPM’

/ CK2610H/3510H Misleading Owner’s Manual Data ‘Rated RPM’ #1  

toukow

Silver Member
Tractor
2019 Kioti CK2610HST, Ford 1700 (Gone)
From time to time, my tractor has been having issues of reaching rated PTO RPM, which I’ll post about separately. While looking into this, I found errors in the Kioti CK2610/3510/4010 owner’s manual. My owner’s manual is dated JUL 2018, so perhaps this has been corrected in later versions. My downloaded scanned version is the same.

When something is stated as ‘Rated RPM’ without any qualifiers, I assume it’s the maximum allowable RPM for the engine. My manual shows ‘Rated revolution’ on Page 3-4 as follows-

CK2610 2,400
CK3510 2,600

My engine was exceeding this value. I looked in the factory service manual for my CK2610H with 3A165 engine and found the following bits

Page 2-6 Repeats the above information for both models

Page 3-230 :
CK2610H Max/Min. rpm 2,600/1,150 +/- 50, so a maximum of 2550-2650 RPM maximum
Gross Power HP/RPM 24.5/2,400

Page 3-9
CK3510H Max/Min rpm 2750/850 with no +/- value indicated
Max Gross Output HP/rpm 34.9/2600

So the owner’s manual is stating the RPM for maximum horsepower, not the maximum PRM rating of the engine.

Most won’t care about the variance, but some may. For what it’s worth, Toukow

/ CK2610H/3510H Misleading Owner’s Manual Data ‘Rated RPM’ #2  
Right, the term "rated" means the engine speed at which maximum power is reached. IE the engine speed at which is is "rated" for its HP output.

It's no problem to spin the engine a bit faster than rated, but there's also no real reason to do so on a tractor. Sometimes I spin up to max rpm when trying to lift very heavy things with my front loader, or when I want to drive as fast as possible.

The engine controls are not going to let you rev the engine higher than is safe for it to go; nothin to worry about.

/ CK2610H/3510H Misleading Owner’s Manual Data ‘Rated RPM’
Right, the term "rated" means the engine speed at which maximum power is reached. IE the engine speed at which is is "rated" for its HP output.

It's no problem to spin the engine a bit faster than rated, but there's also no real reason to do so on a tractor. Sometimes I spin up to max rpm when trying to lift very heavy things with my front loader, or when I want to drive as fast as possible.

The engine controls are not going to let you rev the engine higher than is safe for it to go; nothin to worry about.
Sorry for my confusion.....