Loader CK2610HST Torque Checklist- suggestions?

/ CK2610HST Torque Checklist- suggestions? #1  

toukow

Silver Member
Tractor
2019 Kioti CK2610HST, Ford 1700 (Gone)
I was a complete maroon and failed to check my loader bolts in a timely manner on the new tractor. I worked it pretty hard and finally checked them, and some were loose. I felt I dodged a large bullet in that the threaded holes were not damaged, and I was able to torque them properly. I hate looking at multiple manuals to check such things, so made up this list. The comments on the right are simply if I found the bolt diameter via drawing or actual measurement.

The loader is straight forward in that you pretty much check everything. I think more than one member had mentioned having the loader zert fitting bolts backing out, so I made sure they were on the list

In the manual I only saw mention of torquing the wheels. Someone mentioned checking the ROPS bolts on the tractor, so it's on there. I found my stabilizer link eye bolt wasn't very tight, so added that. Do any of you have a check list or suggestions for what you look at on the tractor when checking bolt torque?? I don't want to get carried away with the list, given the number of components on a tractor which can come loose, but any items which have a known issue with this model or others, I would like to add to the list. Your comments appreciated.

Thanks, Toukow

/ CK2610HST Torque Checklist- suggestions? #2  
Hello, I just bought a new CK2610HST, my first tractor and I have been searching for just the information you have provided in your chart, thanks. Question on the loader bracket bolts. Yours say DS 9, mine say YK 9 I assume the DS and YK are the manufacturers marks. The Loader manual does not mention a Grade 9 bolt and I've never seen a grade 9 bolt. The manual gives torque values for all different grades of SAE (grade 2, 5 and 8) and Metric bolts (grade 8.8, 10.9 and 12.9), but no where does it give a torque spec for Grade 9 in my manual. Just curious where did you find those numbers? Thanks again.

/ CK2610HST Torque Checklist- suggestions?
zoso2385: I see what I did now. I used the loader owner's manual wherever it called out bolt size or I actually measured the bolt diameter where not specified. There is a bolt torque table in the "loader owner's manual' on pages 13-2 and 13-3, which does NOT include a '9' designation. I cannot find any such torque table in the CK2610 owner's manual, but could have sworn there was one.

That said, I also have the Kioti CK2610 service manual. On the attached page, page 2-28, it DOES show the '9' designation and provides the torque values I used (or close enough due to round off error). So I inferred the 'DS9' bolt was a Grade 9 per the table shown.

If that is an incorrect application, please let me know. I've deleted the original Excel table for the time being, as I couldn't remember 'How I got there'. Will repost the document, if it is of any value after this discussion-will edit out the manufacturer's markings. Even if wrong application, I've fortunately not snapped any bolts using the values shown.

I hope this attachment works, as I'm computer challenged today. Thanks, Toukow

Kioti torque specs.JPG

/ CK2610HST Torque Checklist- suggestions? #4  
I did a little more research , it looks like grade 9 is Japanese spec. I think your service manual has the correct torque value. Kioti probably sources these bolts from a variety of Vendors. Yours are DS9 mine say YK9. Its just baffles me that the KL4030 loader manual gives a bunch of torque specs that don't apply to the supplied bolts. Seems quite odd.

/ CK2610HST Torque Checklist- suggestions?
I did a little more research , it looks like grade 9 is Japanese spec. I think your service manual has the correct torque value. Kioti probably sources these bolts from a variety of Vendors. Yours are DS9 mine say YK9. Its just baffles me that the KL4030 loader manual gives a bunch of torque specs that don't apply to the supplied bolts. Seems quite odd.
Yes, there are a number of complaints about the Kioti documentation. I was quoted $160 for the service manual, so I assume it's a money maker.

I reviewed the data, removed manufacturer's marks, and added references as to how it was obtained. Hope this works, given the new forum format. For what it's worth, Toukow
Kioti bolt torque Excel.jpgKioti torque specs.JPG