Loader Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin.

/ Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin. #1  

pickeringchris

Gold Member
I went to weigh one of my giant pumpkins. Curled bucket back as far as it could go. Hooked crane scale up and proceeded to lift pumpkin. Scale went to 900lbs and I had no lift past that. Pumpkin was likely around 1000lbs.

I thought my loader capacity was 1150? Wtf?

Chris

/ Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin. #2  
Now you know that 1150lb rating at the pins = 900lbs at where ever you were hooked:thumbsup: Bucket edge??? Bucket center???? Where exactally where you hooked at?

/ Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin.
I have a hook welded to the top center of the bucket. The bucket was curled back all the way towards the tractor bringing the load point as close to the tractor as possible.

/ Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin. #4  
I am having a hard time getting a visual. It isnt where you attach to the loader at. rather it is where the load is in relation to the loader.

If I am visioning it correctly, you had a rope/cable/chain or whatever attached at the hook, then running forward down over the cutting edge and dangling below to attach to the pumpkin. If thats the case, then the load is still centered at the cutting edge.

The only way you could have hooked to be RIGHT over the hook would have been to raise the loader, drive the loader up OVER the pumpkin, and let the rope/chain dangle BEHIND the bucket. BUT....your hook is probabally welded on the wrong direction for that.

/ Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin. #5  
Crappy drawing, but if this is how you were hooked, thats would still be considered "cutting edge"

Attachments

• loader.bmp
    960.1 KB · Views: 224
You are exactly correct about the chain position. No way I could do it the way your suggest because the pumpkin is too large in circumference. It was around 180" circumference. No big deal. It was rotting and I wanted to weigh it. Instead I chopped it up with the bucket and put it in the compost. Still, I was surprised the loaded couldn't lift more. I thought the 1150 rating was at the bucket. There is something else in the specs that says 1900 lbs break out at pins. I thought that was the capacity at the pins.
Oh well. :-(

Here is a pic before I chopped it up.

Attachments

• image-3378535077.jpg
    image-3378535077.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 277
   / Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin. #8  
LD1...

I'm tempted... :)

/ Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin. #9  
pickeringchris said:
You are exactly correct about the chain position. No way I could do it the way your suggest because the pumpkin is too large in circumference. It was around 180" circumference. No big deal. It was rotting and I wanted to weigh it. Instead I chopped it up with the bucket and put it in the compost. Still, I was surprised the loaded couldn't lift more. I thought the 1150 rating was at the bucket. There is something else in the specs that says 1900 lbs break out at pins. I thought that was the capacity at the pins.
Oh well. :-(

From a demo I've seen, by daves tractor, to do that u would lift to full lift capacity. Then, while at full lift capacity, u would curl for breakout force. Your scale should have gone all the way to full breakout force...at least, it did for daves tractor video on you tube. Search YouTube for max 25 lifts forklift...to see the video.

/ Ck27 loader capacity. Lifting a giant pumpkin. #10  
LD1...

I'm tempted... :)

Tempted to what??:D

From a demo I've seen, by daves tractor, to do that u would lift to full lift capacity. Then, while at full lift capacity, u would curl for breakout force. Your scale should have gone all the way to full breakout force...at least, it did for daves tractor video on you tube. Search YouTube for max 25 lifts forklift...to see the video.

Yep you are correct.

The breakout force is basically the curl force. If I understand secs correctly, curling would have allowed you to lift 1900# at the PINS. So with the de-rating of moving out the edge....You would have probabally lifted the pumpkin.

To get that breakout, you basically have to uncurl the bucket so the cutting edge is close to level. Then RAISE until it wont raise any more (applying 900# of force in your case). With that force applied, you then curl. Thats breakout.

There have been lengthy discussions about the ratings of loaders. And trust me, its not just kioti. But it seems we are shifting away from usefull measurments and onto useless "at the pins" measurments. The reason is the numbers are higher back their, and higher numbers sell more tractors:confused2: