Ck27hst, r4's and tiller.

/ Ck27hst, r4's and tiller.
Chris;

If this tiller is for your pumpkin patch, you could get the TG-72 and remove the two outside sets of tines for the first couple of passes, and reinstall for the final pass. Then, when the pumpkins get too big for the 27, the TG-72 will be perfect for your new DK40. Also, if you are driving to our friends in Michigan, you might consider getting a KK middle buster while you're there.[/QUOTEnever]

Hey ON84, I just realized you are a neighbour. Please tell me your name so that I feel like I am replying to a person..:D
The pumpkins are already too big. lol. I got the machine mostly for moving manure. Because I had a good walk behind tiller I never considered a tiller for the tractor when I got it or I would have got the CK35. :D
Removing tines would be a major pita. looking at the picks of the KK2, it would be very easy to offset it by a few inches.
What advantage is a middle buster? You want me to get one for you?

/ Ck27hst, r4's and tiller. #12  
Hi Chris;

We are 4 kilometers west of you. The middle buster would be great for breaking up the soil before using the tiller. Also it will bring the small rocks to the surface. You can borrow mine if you like.

-Art

/ Ck27hst, r4's and tiller. #13  
So, I assume it's slightly offset and you have only a partial tire track left on one side. A few inches right?

I don't know how long the 3pth arms are on your tractor but I think I can get about 8-10" offset either way on the 3pth on my tractor. Just watch the pto shaft angles don't get too crazy but I believe as long as the angles are the same you can get some bend at the U joints with no problems.

4km? Lol. That would put you in Pickering because Scarborough is 6km west of me.
With all the organic matter and sand I have added there is not much to break up. It's pretty loose and granular. Thanks for the nice offer Art. :)
Someone was saying I could add a middle buster to my FC subsoiler.

IndyIan said:
I don't know how long the 3pth arms are on your tractor but I think I can get about 8-10" offset either way on the 3pth on my tractor. Just watch the pto shaft angles don't get too crazy but I believe as long as the angles are the same you can get some bend at the U joints with no problems.

Oic. So you can get some offset by manipulating the arms. Good thought. :). Thanks

/ Ck27hst, r4's and tiller. #16  

On the CK's is probably more like 6 - 8". But, maybe enough.

FYI I am back and have the tiller mounted on the tractor. Believe it or not the tines are offset by about 4" to the right side. That's because the gearbox is about 4" thick and added onto the left side. If that makes sense.

Ok here are some pics.

So imagine this. They build the frame that houses the tines. Then they add the gearbox to one side. Then that measure the center point of the whole thing and weld the hitch mounts. So the whole unit is centered but the tines are slightly offset.

Attachments

• image-4193278827.png
    image-4193278827.png
    867 KB · Views: 130
  • image-909802774.png
    image-909802774.png
    906.8 KB · Views: 129
  • image-3784174587.png
    image-3784174587.png
    919.9 KB · Views: 115