CK30 air filters and hose protection

/ CK30 air filters and hose protection #1  

TractorLegend

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 DK 45HST SE w/ FEL
Heres another observation or two:
I found on the factory air filter theres a Donaldson part # P822768. Normally I'd get factory Kioti, but obviously air flitter is made elsewhere anyhow. So I looked online and found www.filtersupplyamerica.com and found the # a bit cheaper in my case. It got me to thinking about a "pre filter"
outer wrap like K&N offers on some. I asked the guy and he said all they offer is a "safety" filter to go with that number.
It's an inner filter that turns out fits inside filter housing in the inner diameter while the outer main filter fits as usual. A little silicone tune up lube ensures easy fit and enhanced sealing.
Safety filter # P822769---appears a finer mesh---my area REAL dusty at times.

ALSO: If you look near the exhaust pipe on the left side you'll see your steering hose laying real close to no clearance. I plan on getting some hi temp insulating material to keep it alive. Theres some foil/kevlar material used on hi temp area auto wiring that comes to mind. I'll post what I find that seems ideal---looks to need about 7/8" dia.

/ CK30 air filters and hose protection #2  
Thanks. Good job.

/ CK30 air filters and hose protection #3  
Thanks for the information. I'm sure members can find their filters listed for other models. I'll also check the hose.

/ CK30 air filters and hose protection #4  
Ordered the safety filter, thanks. I've noticed over the last 45 years, the better the air filter the cleaner the oil.

I also think I'll wrap some aluminum foil around the steering line as a temporary measure, thanks again.

Mike

/ CK30 air filters and hose protection #5  
I've done some further research on the Donaldson air filter. Turns out there are several tractor and heavy equipment manufacture's that use the same filter. Both John Deere and Kubota also use the same air filter on some of their models.

If you are in need of an air filter and for some reason cannot get one from Kioti, the part number for the same filter from John Deere is RE68048 (outer filter $20.25 list price) and RE68049 (inner filter 16.20 list price).

As far as I know Kioti does not carry the inner filter. I have installed the inner filter on my CK30HST and it fits just fine. The tractor, so far, runs just fine with it on. The extra $$ for the inner seems to me to be a good investment.

/ CK30 air filters and hose protection #6  
Just put on the inner filter also.

Counter man at Advance Auto suggested slitting radiator hose and putting it over the steering hose...

Mike

/ CK30 air filters and hose protection #7  
Just put some foil around the left steering hose. However, I think the Kioti design is basically OK, just that the hose needs to be tied again closer to the front to the wires there. Then, it will be a good distance away from the unshielded exhaust and will only get really close to the exhaust near the shielded part of the exhaust pipe.

Mike

/ CK30 air filters and hose protection #8  
So far we have not seen a problem with the current hose routing. We have some units with 500 + hours and no issues. By putting some foil around it I would be concerned with it causing an "oven effect" and tapping the heat inside the foil area and increasing the temp around the hose, because there is no air flow.

/ CK30 air filters and hose protection #9  
If you use a tie wrap to tie your CK30
L steering hydraulic hose to the wires as far forward as possible, everything looks hunky and dory to me. The hose is kept away from the exhaust until it gets to the shiield on the exhaust, and it looks just like it was designed to be that way.

Perhaps some recent tie wrap people in S. Korea were tying it too far back.

Mike
Winchester VA

/ CK30 air filters and hose protection #10  
Just a note on the inner air filter when used on a CK30. I am on my second winter with my CK30 and having owner a Kubota B7500 which used the Safety filter # P822769, I installed one on the Kioti. This winter when it got cold my Kioti smoked badly when first started and continued to smoke until the engine warmed up. Did not do that the first winter. I checked the glow plugs thinking one or more had gone bad but they were OK. I then remembered the inner filter I had installed and took it off to see if that made a difference. No more smoke and tractor started easier and ran smoother warming up. I think the Kioti engineers must have been aware ofthe inner filter, after all they bought the same housing from Donaldson that JD and Kubota use but must have found it to restrictive for the Kioti engine. If I do use it again, it will be only in the summer months.

Al