Oil & Fuel CK30 Fuel Filter

/ CK30 Fuel Filter #1  

EldonC

Now at 102 hours on my CK30 I want to change the fuel filter instead of cleaning it with kerosene as suggested in my owner's manual.I went to the dealer and the dealership owner gave me a filter P/N 84612-4316-0 .It sure looks way too small for my tractor.The owner is not as familiar with the parts as their regular parts guy who was out possibly for the holidays.Does anyone know the correct fuel filter P/N for the CK30? As I would like to make the next journey(40 miles) pay off.

/ CK30 Fuel Filter #2  
I will get you the part number tomarrow,
The filter over the counter will look much smaller it swells up after it is in the fuel.

/ CK30 Fuel Filter #3  
i got CK20 filters accidentally for my CK30---maybe that was the case, theyre different

/ CK30 Fuel Filter #4  
The 84612-4316-0 is the correct part number alright. The clear fuel bowl will give you the illusion it is a larger filter. I hope this helps.

Brady

/ CK30 Fuel Filter #5  
That's the right part number. I measured my spare. It's 2" in dia. and 3 1/2" long, if you wanted to measure it for piece of mind. I keep spare fuel, oil, and hydralic filters for just in case and I can do service whenever it's due without a special run to the dealers.

/ CK30 Fuel Filter #6  
Not a bad idea to keep spares. Whenever I break something I buy two if I think the same think could happen again. This practicaly guarantees I won't need that replacement part. So far I have a spare tie-rod and spare hydro filter on the shelf.

/ CK30 Fuel Filter
I greatly appreciate the helpful information.It appears that indeed I do have the right filter.I guess I am getting paranoid in my advancing age.I did think the bowl could give the enlarging effect . I hope I can be helpful to you folks some day.I feel very fortunate to be able to promptly access the information I have obtained here on TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ CK30 Fuel Filter #8  
Don't forget about the swellage noted earlier. When you pull the old one out and compare them, expect the sizes to be different. I always compare.

/ CK30 Fuel Filter #9  
keep an eye on the spring in the bottom. It is relatively small and if you are not looking for it it may fall out and wouldn't know it was there.

/ CK30 Fuel Filter #10  
Another thing, I'm not sure it's the same on your filter, but mine has a small O-ring at the top that is easily lost. Be sure to look for and protect it. It's very thin.
John