CK30 HST Oil Fill Question

/ CK30 HST Oil Fill Question #1  

Retired guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
CK 30HST
After reading the post about the CK20 oil fill location and warning I went out to see if I had something similar.
I have already changed the oil three times with no problems adding thru the port in the valve cover which is labelled "oil inlet" in my manual. I found something with an orange plastic cap below and a little in front of the fuel filter.
Looking at the post about the CK20, it looks about the same. I guess I have a few questions. Is this the filler?
How does it come off..unscrew or pop off? [I tried to unscrew it but it was 0 degrees so it might be a little tight.]
As I stated before, I have had no problem pouring thru the valve cover except getting the jug in position to pour.
How are you guys refilling after draining. My manual [2012] makes no mention of this plug nor warns of a fluid lock. Suggestions please.

/ CK30 HST Oil Fill Question #2  
My 2004 CK30hst doesn't have that orange plastic cap you mention. The only way to fill mine is the valve cover. I just pour it in slow and haven't had any problems with six oil changes.

/ CK30 HST Oil Fill Question #3  
My 2005 does have a fill cap on the fuel pump. It is ornage but painted grey and doesn't look like a cap but more like a plug. I fill through the oil filler in the VC.

/ CK30 HST Oil Fill Question #4  
The fill warning and extra fill cap on the injection pump started with engines having PCV valve with a tube going to the intake manifold. On these engine if oil is dumped too fast into the valve cover, to point of oil flowing back out the fill hole, oil will pass through the PCV valve to the intake where it can get drawn into top of the piston and bend the connecting rod. So long as it is poured slow, shouldn't be a problem.

/ CK30 HST Oil Fill Question #5  
In what year did they (Kioti) start putting PCV valves in their tractors?

/ CK30 HST Oil Fill Question #6  
Not sure, it would have come as part of an EPA emission change. VictorW has a 2004 and says he does not have the extra fill hole - maybe he can look to see if he has PCV or open crankcase vent. Highbeam has a 2005 with extra fill hole - would guess this has PCV.

/ CK30 HST Oil Fill Question #7  

So I guess we can safely bet that after 2005 they came with a PCV?

/ CK30 HST Oil Fill Question #8  

This probably varies by model. I would look at the parts web site (OEM Parts) and find the serial number for the specific model when the PCV started, which is probably in the middle of a model year.