Comparison CK30 HST vs. CK35 Shuttle

/ CK30 HST vs. CK35 Shuttle #11  
My Mahindra 3215 HST is suppose to have 32hp. It does not, it has 34hp. :thumbsup: My tractor weighs about 5000lbs ballasted with loader and box blade. I have no problems traveling up hill in high range. If the CK35 was offered to the OP with an HST trans, I would recommend that over the shuttle, but it is not and there have been enough complaints of the CK30 HST being under powered that I feel that the OP would be better served with the CK35, HST or shuttle.

Just my :2cents:

Agreed. My CK30HST was pushing 6500# with cab, loaded tires and bh. I think the extra 5hp would have made the diff. Even though I'm suspect of the HST on the CK series, I'd ask him what he could do on the CK35 HST.

I should say I loved my CK30HST and didn't get out of it because of the HST. It's a great tractor and you'd love it. If you're used to the gear trans. and you don't need HST, I'd go for the CK35 gear, it's got more engine hp and doesn't waste any of it on the trans.

/ CK30 HST vs. CK35 Shuttle #12  
If the decision had been HST versus Shuttle between same models with a slight price difference then it might be harder to choose. In this case for same money you get extra 5 HP. and have been using a gear drive without shuttle, I don't think there is much of a decision to make. The extra is going make big difference in mowing performance and using the shuttle in loader work versus the old tractor without shuttle would be like moving from a Model T truck to a new F150.

/ CK30 HST vs. CK35 Shuttle
I just got a call from the dealer and the CK35 gear is $303 less. I think that pretty much makes up my mind for me. As soon as the dealer who sold my JD cuts me a check, I hope to be posting pics.

/ CK30 HST vs. CK35 Shuttle #14  
I'm stuck right now with the same decision. ck30 hst-$17.5, ck35 gear drive -same price, $17.5
Should I try to bargain and ask for the ck35 hst for the same price or is this asking too much?

/ CK30 HST vs. CK35 Shuttle #15  
Is 17.5 a good price for the ck35 shuttle? What should I try to bargain the dealer down to, or what should I try to have him add?

/ CK30 HST vs. CK35 Shuttle #16  
What is dealer asking for a CK35 HST? That will tell you how much he's charging for the extra HP, or what his is discounting for the shuttle.
$17.5 for a CK30 HST is not out of line, may not be the best price out there but consider that the new (2014) tractors are final Tier4 and have a significant cost increase so an interim Tier4 tractor is not going to have the pricing discounts that we typically saw in last year or so.

/ CK30 HST vs. CK35 Shuttle #17  
I purchased a CK35 HST last month for $17,995 in N.C. The gear tractor was never even a consideration. CK30 HST was $16,995. I took the extra hp.

/ CK30 HST vs. CK35 Shuttle #18  
I purchased a CK35 HST last month for $17,995 in N.C. The gear tractor was never even a consideration. CK30 HST was $16,995. I took the extra hp.

This is more in line with my price expectations also. I think there is more "meat" left in the deal for the customer.. Keep in mind the ck35 and ck30 are not Tier 4 final they are Tier 4 interim., those models should be out soon in this size, probably in a couple of months. The Kubota versions that replace the L3200 and L3800 which are the L3301 and the L3901 are now out and supposedly they cost quite a bit more, so I would expect the Kioti versions would be about the same more also. By the way the L3301 and L3901 are rumored to have and improved 3pt valve... time will tell.:)

/ CK30 HST vs. CK35 Shuttle #19  
Is 17.5 a good price for the ck35 shuttle? What should I try to bargain the dealer down to, or what should I try to have him add?

Both rear remotes, and get the 2nd one with the float function. Even if he won't throw them in, still get them. ;)

/ CK30 HST vs. CK35 Shuttle #20  
Dealer wants 17,5 for the ck30hst, same price for the ck35 shuttle. I'm thinking the ck35, free delivery, 17,000.
Or maybe 17,5, free delivery and rear remote.
I'll show up with a 1000.00 deposit when I make my counteroffer.
I'm feeling pressed to buy now with the tier 4's coming out, and Kioti's promotions set to expire in a few months.