CK30HST/BH80X SO Tippy!

/ CK30HST/BH80X SO Tippy! #1  

mrutkaus

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30HST, Kubota BX-1500,
Wow, I'm just working on level woods land taking out small stumps and pushing brush out of the way for a garden, and the CK30 with the Woods Backhow is so tippy!!

Just get one tire in a little 8" hole, get a certain push vector from the FEL, and it feels it's about to tip!

I do extend the BH levelers down to about 12" off the ground in these circumstances, hoping that would help.

And I guess I will widen the tread (I have Ag tires) but still...

Be CAREFUL. I wear my seat belt even on the level now.

It is nowhere near as bad with the backhoe off and a blade or something there.

Mike

/ CK30HST/BH80X SO Tippy! #2  
That's too bad....but backhoes add a lot of higher-up-weight. Is there a difference on the profile (taller?) of the Woods backhoe compared to a Kioti backhoe when it's mounted, or is the Woods a more top-heavy construction, or ... ?

Filled tires will put more weight lower on the ground to lower the center of balance, if they aren't already filled...

/ CK30HST/BH80X SO Tippy! #4  
The biggest issue is the ag tires... they are much narrower than the industrials.
And they are 2 inchs taller.

/ CK30HST/BH80X SO Tippy! #5  
I think you will be fine if you widen the track..
If not let me know and I will build you an adapter to run duals:eek: :D

/ CK30HST/BH80X SO Tippy! #6  
I've got AGs on my LK3054 and have the wheels at their widest track. I still get a major pucker factor goin when I travel around my property. ROPS is always up and seat belt is always on too BUT . . .:eek:

/ CK30HST/BH80X SO Tippy! #7  
Wow I wouldn't have thought that the agy's would make that much of a difference. I guess without seeing a comparison of the tires side by side. I have the industrial on my CK25 and I haven't had too much of a problem with the KB2375 and I have gone through the woods and on some slopes and only once or twice have I really had to "clench the cheeks" and use the hoe to help stabilize the machine.

/ CK30HST/BH80X SO Tippy! #9  
Wallace,
The Kioti site says the ag's can be set out to 51.3". Are the R4's that much wider? Or is the 2" what is killing it?

Aren't the std. R4's 15" wide compared to the Ag's 11.2". I'm just wondering with the rims set at their widest with the ag tires how much difference there is between the two.

wallace said:
The biggest issue is the ag tires... they are much narrower than the industrials.
And they are 2 inchs taller.

/ CK30HST/BH80X SO Tippy! #10  
I haven't fooled much with the ags on the CK series tractor I would have to look and see what is the best way to get your tires the widest.
Usually if you take the center right off the rim you can tur that around and use the widest setting on the rim.
I think you can even go farther than what the specs say.
If I get a chance tomorroe I will look at a set of ags and see what the wides configuration will get you the widest stance.
I will have to dig the wheels out I do not have them on a machine.