CK3510 HST will not move

/ CK3510 HST will not move #1  

rfdumas

Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST
I have a newer Kioti CK3510se hst and when I went to move it today it moved about 10 feet back and quit moving. I have checked fluid levels (all good). I have checked external equipment and it works (bucket and rear and grapel). When I try to move it nothing. The gear lever has been moved in all three selections and still nothing. No noise no nothing. Tractor starts and runs very good with no noise but just no movement. No extra noise when selecting forward or reverse.

Retested the tractor this morning and using the below comments these are the results:

With the lever in linked mode, the tractors RPM's increase when the forward or reverse pedal are depressed. The mode selector on the left moves through all the selected ranges ( h,n,m,n,l) and "feels" correct as per my hand. The linkage below looks correct and rotates with the movement of the lever. You can feel the different detents as you change modes. There are no additional noises as say the hydraulics going into a dead head situation. The forward bucket and rear lift arms work correctly. The PTO shaft does not turn when selected.

Last edited:
   / CK3510 HST will not move #2  
I have a newer Kioti CK3510se hst and when I went to move it today it moved about 10 feet back and quit moving. I have checked fluid levels (all good). I have checked external equipment and it works (bucket and rear and grapel). When I try to move it nothing. The gear lever has been moved in all three selections and still nothing. No noise no nothing. Tractor starts and runs very good with no noise but just no movement. No extra noise when selecting forward or reverse.

Perhaps the linkage from the gear shifter to the transmission came apart. Have you looked at that?

MoKelly

/ CK3510 HST will not move #3  
Sounds like your in neutral - check linkage - check linked pedal engagement, lever is it on, when you step on pedal does it rev the engine like it wants to move, check four wheel drive lever is it fully in 2wd or 4wd?

/ CK3510 HST will not move #4  
Check to make sure its just not in neutral. Because that's what it sounds like to me. Check the linkage, because it is also possible to break the range selector linkage, and its now stuck in neutral. If that's what happened, replacement of the range selector linkage is an easy repair requiring just 15 minutes. I ordered the range selector linkage for my CK4010 after it broke and is now stuck in High range. At least my tractor is mobile right now. The Range linkage bar for my Kioti tractor, appears to be a cast metal part and thus is prone to breakage with repetitive use. Unfortunately, its not a machined metal part.

/ CK3510 HST will not move
Retested the tractor this morning and using the below comments these are the results:

With the lever in linked mode, the tractors RPM's increase when the forward or reverse pedal are depressed. The mode selector on the left moves through all the selected ranges ( h,n,m,n,l) and "feels" correct as per my hand. The linkage below looks correct and rotates with the movement of the lever. You can feel the different detents as you change modes. There are no additional noises as say the hydraulics going into a dead head situation. The forward bucket and rear lift arms work correctly. The PTO shaft does not turn when selected.

/ CK3510 HST will not move #6  

So, on my hydro, the pedal does not control the speed or RPM’s. That is controlled by the throttle handle on the right side. The pedal only controls if moving forward or reverse.

Perhaps your hydro is different.

MoKelly

/ CK3510 HST will not move #7  
If your hitting the pedal with the link on / in gear and it's not moving / or not trying to move - just revs up, you are in neutral or you've got a real good brake locked on (even if the brakes were on you'd still feel it want to move) at this point with the PTO issue, I would assume it would be internal more so than the linkage as the linkage to / from the pedals would not affect the PTO, you said it's new so must be under warranty - I'd be calling the dealer - I'm assuming you've already checked all the fluids - all are OK - the 4WD is definitely locked in 2wd or 4wd no play in the lever - again sounds like you've done what you can for simple issues - I too have a 3510HSTse - and at this point it should be Kioti's problem, you paid good money for it and they will stand by it.....

/ CK3510 HST will not move #8  
The PTO shaft does not turn when selected.

On our tractors, as I read the factory service manual, the shaft comes out of the engine, into the hydrostat pump. Then the rear shaft on the hydrostat pump drives the PTO drive train. So, something between the hydro pump and the engine is broken. Definitely a dealer/warranty issue.

/ CK3510 HST will not move #9  
Is the 3510SE an electronic control style HST vs mechanical linkage. If yes I would start checking for a blown fuse which could also be the problem for PTO since many of them are also electrical engaged.

/ CK3510 HST will not move #10  
Well good job checking your range selector. Also, I just found out that Kioti changed from a Live PTO to an Independent PTO in the middle of the CK3510SE model year. So depending on your Serial Number, You may indeed have the Independent PTO tractor. Check to see if you have the mechanical Live PTO or fully electronic Independent PTO. I don't know just how new your tractor is, but look over the operators manual first for a solution, then if everything else fails call your dealer. How long ago did you take delivery?

DEFINITIONS:

Live (two-stage clutch)
A live PTO works with the use of a two-stage clutch. Pressing the clutch half-way will disengage the transmission while pressing it fully will disengage the transmission and the PTO. This allows the operator to slow down or change gears while the PTO is still operating.

Independent
An independent PTO means that the PTO shaft is controlled with a separate clutch. As with a live PTO, this allows for full control over the tractor while separately controlling the PTO.

There are two major types of independent PTO; mechanical and hydraulic. A mechanical-independent PTO uses a separate on-off selector, in addition to the PTO control lever. Often the tractor must be stopped or off to change this selector position. A hydraulic-independent PTO uses a single selector.

Last edited: