CK3510 Mid-PTO Kit?

/ CK3510 Mid-PTO Kit? #1  

iflywhatevr

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510 SE
Anyone added a mid-pto kit to their 3510? Using my plow truck this winter but figure when the 50 hour filter change comes up would be a good time to add the kit. Will try to scout out a front mount blower at a decent price this summer.

How much was your kit? Easy install? Will likely do it myself rather than the dealer as I try to do my own Maintenance as much as possible.

David

/ CK3510 Mid-PTO Kit? #3  
I'll add my 2 cents, it wont quite be the answer you're looking for, but it may get things started.

I've used the front mount before (test drive at the dealership a few winters ago) and its nice to look forward and all, but my 78" rear mount has been fantastic I don't think the front mount is worth it, especially if the front pto is not already installed. Now, if you have back problems, this all becomes a very different story, but for me personally, I prefer the rear mounts. I can see immediately in front of the augers better, I can pivot better similar to the way a forklift does, I can attach/detach faster (depending on your setup), its a lot cheaper, and I have a much wider selection of blower brands to choose from.

I don't mean to poo poo front mounts. But for the extra cost, I just don't see the value.

/ CK3510 Mid-PTO Kit? #4  
My tractor came with a mid PTO and my back thanks me every day I blow snow with the expensive front blower. :) No kidding here, that blower was real expensive, like $8,000.oo all in.

/ CK3510 Mid-PTO Kit?
I know it’s going to be pricey unfortunately. Maybe I need to test a rear one. I have about a 700 foot by 20 foot Drive here in the northeast plus 50x50 parking area I need to clear I just wonder if I will be miserable turned around using the rear one for that size area. Also whether the cab will interfere with rear visibility at all. I guess the positive is I could still keep the bucket on for pushing snow as well.

/ CK3510 Mid-PTO Kit? #6  
i have mid pto ,, installed at dealer ,, not to expensive
speed reduction unit was under $1500
this unit also allows me to use standard rear mount snowblower on the front
total cost to use was less than $2000 more for front mount over rear mount
wouldnt be without for 1 km of laneway

lift and hydraulic shute uses loader hydraulic connectors so no extra expense

/ CK3510 Mid-PTO Kit? #7  
I know it’s going to be pricey unfortunately. Maybe I need to test a rear one. I have about a 700 foot by 20 foot Drive here in the northeast plus 50x50 parking area I need to clear I just wonder if I will be miserable turned around using the rear one for that size area. Also whether the cab will interfere with rear visibility at all. I guess the positive is I could still keep the bucket on for pushing snow as well.

My drive is about 600 ft and my shop landing area is about 100x100. My rear 78" mount does a fine job. All said and done, it takes less than an hour with some FEL work. But yes, test a rear mount out and see what you think before spending all that money. You could buy a rear mount for the same cost of just setting up your front pto. Then you could d**n near buy a backhoe for the price of the front mount blower. For people using it to commercial blow multiple 300ft straight driveways and parking lots, I see the appeal.

Id love to see a kioti with a front AND rear mount during some snow apocalypse, taking care of business :punch:. But I am fairly certain all of that snow blowing power would send the snow back in time, creating a problem for yourself before you had a tractor.

/ CK3510 Mid-PTO Kit?
i have mid pto ,, installed at dealer ,, not to expensive
speed reduction unit was under $1500
this unit also allows me to use standard rear mount snowblower on the front
total cost to use was less than $2000 more for front mount over rear mount
wouldnt be without for 1 km of laneway

lift and hydraulic shute uses loader hydraulic connectors so no extra expense

Did you go with a Kioti rear mount blower that you were able to mount on the front? Any pics of your setup?

/ CK3510 Mid-PTO Kit? #9  
no it is not a kioti blower,but could be .I can use any common snowblower on my set up
the speed reducing unit also has 3 pt equivalent hitch on front of tractor
which lifts the blower when required
sorry i can get pics if you need

/ CK3510 Mid-PTO Kit? #10  
I'd love to see some pics! Also, do you have a link to the speed reduction unit?

Been trying to come up with the best snow clearing solution for my DK35se I just picked up. I have the kl351 loader but no bucket, and no 3 point hitch. Need to piece the other items together in time, but first things first is snow removal... so trying to decide the best most cost effient way to invest first.

Thanks!