Ck3510hst hydraulic pressure getting weak?

/ Ck3510hst hydraulic pressure getting weak? #1  

tallfreak

Bronze Member
Tractor
na
I have put about 53 hours on my new Kioti, and maybe I'm crazy but I feel like it's getting weaker.

I have the industrial tires filled with washer fluid and I feel like I used to be able to spin tires in 4 wheel drive in low where now I can't. If I'm pulling my 6ft land plane with the tines all the way down in dirt it will be too much for the tractor to pull. Most of the time it will spin one front and one rear and when I lock the rear diff it will just bog the engine. I normally run at 2500 rpm.

Am i being paranoid? I have read other threads about the pump going into relief if the relief valve is adjusted too low, but I don't know how to tell when it opens. Would it bog the engine if the relief valve was being opened? I haven't done it but I'm pretty sure I could kill the engine if I kept pushing the pedal.

/ Ck3510hst hydraulic pressure getting weak? #2  
Hard to diagnose a specific hydraulic problem from your description. Double check your hydraulic fluid levels first. Also try eliminate some causes of loss of power not related to hydraulics.

Has your tractor been doing its emmission control regen's successfully? If not, then its possible your loss of power could mean your tractor is in "limp mode" until a regen cleans out your DPF. You need to evaluate that possibility.

Also consider soil conditions. Here in Texas right now it is hot, and the soil is very dry and hard right now. No soil moisture makes it incredibly hard to pull any plow, box blade or even a land plane to turn over the soil. And so your tractor is struggling to pull these implements through the soil. The more clay in your soil, the more like concrete it becomes during the summer.

/ Ck3510hst hydraulic pressure getting weak?
The fluid level is fine. I was wating until after my 50 hour service to make this post just in case it made it better.

The last time it regened was about 30 hours. I'm at 53 now so its probably due soon.

I know hard clay is going to be too much for the tractor to pull 6 tines and a 6 foot blade through, but I feel like when it was new it had more torque.

Maybe im crazy. Its probably all in my head

/ Ck3510hst hydraulic pressure getting weak? #4  
My CK4010 does Regens about every 27 hours like clockwork. No issues so far with emissions. Sometimes bad diesel will create a definite loss of power, and may last until you burn it out of the tank. If your diesel is fine, then consider adding a Centane booster to your fuel. This can typically increase engine power from 5 to 10%. It can be noticeable increase.

Also, if you run your tractor with large time gaps in usage, like for example its been 2 months since your last use, your perception of how your tractor performs can definitely change. Things like engine sounds, FEL performance, and even tractor power levels can change based on your memory perception. I know its happened to me, and always takes me a full week of working with the tractor, to get back in touch with my tractor. So I am not laughing when you say you maybe crazy....

/ Ck3510hst hydraulic pressure getting weak? #5  
What range are you operating in? H M L

I am talking about low gear. I know medium doesn't have the torque to break traction.

/ Ck3510hst hydraulic pressure getting weak? #7  
I think you should be able to spin the tires in low. How is the rest of your hydraulics doing? Can you still lift items you used to lift easily?

I haven't had to lift anything heavy in a while. I've got the grapple on it and some big logs. I'll try to pick them up today and let you know

I just picked up 3 large logs about 11 inches in diameter and 18 ft long, 6 inches and 15 feet long, and 8 inches and 7 feet long. Plus my very heavy grapple thats probably 400 alone. I tried to upload a picture but I dont have permission.

I was thinking about it earlier. I don't have much experience with tractors so I think I'm thinking of it like what would happen pulling something immovable with a truck. You would get flex in the frame and suspension so there would be some signs of struggle. With the tractor everything is rigid so it just stops. Maybe that's why I think its weak.

/ Ck3510hst hydraulic pressure getting weak? #10  
Hey that's really great! I think your tractor's hydraulic power is doing just fine, just need to have confidence in your tractors capability and performance.