CK3510SE HC hydrostatic drive issue

/ CK3510SE HC hydrostatic drive issue #1  

Diesel2697

Tractor
Simplicity Legacy XL Diesel
Ok so I have had this tractor since August 2020 and haven’t had any issues. It now has 97 hours on it and this morning it started acting strange. (It had the service done at 40 hours by the dealer, complete fluid and filter change) It was 9F this morning, I started it and let it run for about 15 minutes while the horses ate then pulled it into the barn to clean barn. I left it running the whole time so total about 45 minutes. I backed out to go dump the first load and it was going good until I came to the hill in our yard. **** thing came to a complete stop and wouldn’t move like the transmission was slipping. If I put it into 4x4 or step on the diff lock it moves fine. Did this multiple times every time it got someplace that wasn’t flat. Could this just be because the fluid was cold? Or could something be wrong inside the rear end. Thanks for any input.

/ CK3510SE HC hydrostatic drive issue #2  
I think what you experienced is normal for very cold weather. I have only seen that type of tractor behavior on my CK4010 when I have cold HST fluids (below 10F) or my parking brake is on. Warming the tractor is good for the engine, but does very little to warming the HST fluids. I would keep the 4x4 on for most the cold winter and make sure you have anti-gel additive in your diesel fuel. If it's cold enough to thicken your HST fluid, it's doing it to your diesel fuel as well.

/ CK3510SE HC hydrostatic drive issue #3  
I would think even HST has its limits in very cold weather.
First call should have been to your dealer. Its under warranty

/ CK3510SE HC hydrostatic drive issue #4  
Sounds like a differential problem.

If it was a problem with the hydrostat, it wouldn't move after the diff is locked or put in 4wd.

This is just a speculation: Given the situation that you were approaching the pile, you quite likely raised your loader. This may have taken more oil out of the sump and the hydrostat starved out. By the time you applied the diff lock or put it in 4wd, the loader was up and hydro worked again.

/ CK3510SE HC hydrostatic drive issue
I would think even HST has its limits in very cold weather.
First call should have been to your dealer. Its under warranty

Yea if they were open on Sunday they would have gotten a call. They are going to get one first thing tomorrow, Monday, morning.

I think what you experienced is normal for very cold weather. I have only seen that type of tractor behavior on my CK4010 when I have cold HST fluids (below 10F) or my parking brake is on. Warming the tractor is good for the engine, but does very little to warming the HST fluids. I would keep the 4x4 on for most the cold winter and make sure you have anti-gel additive in your diesel fuel. If it's cold enough to thicken your HST fluid, it's doing it to your diesel fuel as well.

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. I used it for 3-4 hours yesterday, Saturday, snowblowing and it never gave any trouble. It was about 10 degrees warmer outside also, around 20f.

/ CK3510SE HC hydrostatic drive issue #8  
This makes me think a rim is spinning in the tire. Tires loaded? What pressure is in the rears?

/ CK3510SE HC hydrostatic drive issue #9  
This makes me think a rim is spinning in the tire. Tires loaded? What pressure is in the rears?

Certainly worth looking into.
Wouldn't be the first time I've heard of that happening

Oh boy you may be on to something. Yes the tires are loaded with Rim Guard. Tire pressure?? That’s a good question, I haven’t checked them in a while. I did notice some dark liquid on the barn floor under what would have been the left rear tire, the one that was slipping. I stuck fingers in it and smelled it thinking it was some sort of oil. It didn’t smell like anything so I figured possibly manure water because it’s wet where our pile is. Now after what you said I’m betting it was the Rim Guard and I am slipping the rim inside the tire. Thank you very much!