CK3510SE vs NX4510H

/ CK3510SE vs NX4510H #1  

CMV

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX4510HST (previous LS XJ2025H, JD 500C)
I need to stay off the dealer lot. Every time I go I end up looking at something better :) Roughly $6k difference. The NX seems to come with everything the SE does minus a rear remote. Of course much bigger, bigger loader, more HP, etc.

What would be the downside of choosing the NX other than cost? Overall, 45HP and that frame size seems like way overkill for 7AC. But I do a lot of dirt moving, berm building so loader bucket capacity, and height are very high on my important list. The NX loader w/ 72" bucket is considerably more capacity and height.

Other primary use is mowing. Currently I mow about 5AC in 3.5 hrs pace. My little tractor can go faster but the ground is too rough and uneven for max speed in low (5mph). Just beats me up too bad. Not big holes or ruts, just so uneven everywhere (lumpy is how I would describe it). So would the extra weight and much larger tires mean I could mow a lot faster? Or lose a lot of time negotiating obstacles, turning around with the bigger machine? Current tractor is 6-12 front tire size, NX is 10-16.5 size. Don't know what that translates to in overall diameter but would be decent amount larger. appx 4x the overall weight too. That would mean much smoother ride (ability to go faster) over rough ground?

I hate decisions like this.....analysis paralysis..... My little 25hp machine does what I want for the most part. Quite capable for its small size and light weight. If it wasn't for all the dirt moving and piling the dirt high, I would get by with what I have. As it is, I rent a 95hp backhoe about 2x per year and just save up big projects to knock out when I have it. While that's costly and inconvenient, the roughly $14k difference in my machine's value vs cost of NX is a lot of rentals.... Loader capacity and reach is primary factor in decision to upgrade. Was set on L3901/CK3510 size. After looking (a lot) took wife to check out CK3510. She actually pushed for upsizing to the NX - "if you're buying it for loader to reach higher, get the one that reaches high enough". Was kind of surprised since her car is due for an upgrade real soon and figured she'd want me to either (1) live with my decision to buy the little machine and make do, or maybe (2) be OK with roughly $8k spend on the CK3510SE. Sure wasn't expecting "just spend what it takes to get the one that does what you want". :)

So wife said OK, bank said OK (have to borrow some). Budget is fine with either, although kind of hard pill since this is just recreational land and I earn $0 with the tractor. So now what started as a small upgrade is jumping up a couple frame sizes and nearly double the HP. But other than $, trying to think of what the downsides are going to be going that big. All I can think of is my trailer might not handle it. Basic landscape type with reinforced gate, 2x 3500lb axles. Not that I trailer my tractor often, but I think I would be pushing the limits of that type trailer with an NX, loaded rears, and FEL. Would crush the reinforced gate/ramp without some more reinforcement welded on most likely too. Would also need to buy some larger implements - wouldn't make sense to use a machine that size with a 5' bush hog or box blade for example?

/ CK3510SE vs NX4510H #2  
I need to stay off the dealer lot. Every time I go I end up looking at something better :) Roughly $6k difference. The NX seems to come with everything the SE does minus a rear remote. Of course much bigger, bigger loader, more HP, etc.

What would be the downside of choosing the NX other than cost? Overall, 45HP and that frame size seems like way overkill for 7AC. But I do a lot of dirt moving, berm building so loader bucket capacity, and height are very high on my important list. The NX loader w/ 72" bucket is considerably more capacity and height.

Other primary use is mowing. Currently I mow about 5AC in 3.5 hrs pace. My little tractor can go faster but the ground is too rough and uneven for max speed in low (5mph). Just beats me up too bad. Not big holes or ruts, just so uneven everywhere (lumpy is how I would describe it). So would the extra weight and much larger tires mean I could mow a lot faster? Or lose a lot of time negotiating obstacles, turning around with the bigger machine? Current tractor is 6-12 front tire size, NX is 10-16.5 size. Don't know what that translates to in overall diameter but would be decent amount larger. appx 4x the overall weight too. That would mean much smoother ride (ability to go faster) over rough ground?

I hate decisions like this.....analysis paralysis..... My little 25hp machine does what I want for the most part. Quite capable for its small size and light weight. If it wasn't for all the dirt moving and piling the dirt high, I would get by with what I have. As it is, I rent a 95hp backhoe about 2x per year and just save up big projects to knock out when I have it. While that's costly and inconvenient, the roughly $14k difference in my machine's value vs cost of NX is a lot of rentals.... Loader capacity and reach is primary factor in decision to upgrade. Was set on L3901/CK3510 size. After looking (a lot) took wife to check out CK3510. She actually pushed for upsizing to the NX - "if you're buying it for loader to reach higher, get the one that reaches high enough". Was kind of surprised since her car is due for an upgrade real soon and figured she'd want me to either (1) live with my decision to buy the little machine and make do, or maybe (2) be OK with roughly $8k spend on the CK3510SE. Sure wasn't expecting "just spend what it takes to get the one that does what you want". :)

So wife said OK, bank said OK (have to borrow some). Budget is fine with either, although kind of hard pill since this is just recreational land and I earn $0 with the tractor. So now what started as a small upgrade is jumping up a couple frame sizes and nearly double the HP. But other than $, trying to think of what the downsides are going to be going that big. All I can think of is my trailer might not handle it. Basic landscape type with reinforced gate, 2x 3500lb axles. Not that I trailer my tractor often, but I think I would be pushing the limits of that type trailer with an NX, loaded rears, and FEL. Would crush the reinforced gate/ramp without some more reinforcement welded on most likely too. Would also need to buy some larger implements - wouldn't make sense to use a machine that size with a 5' bush hog or box blade for example?

Not to add to your indecision but you skipped a whole series of tractors. Have you looked at the DK’s? That NX would be a pretty big tractor for your 7 acres. The DK is slightly smaller and is a bunch of tractor. It too has a 72” bucket and impressive lift capacities. You mentioned mowing is one of your primary needs and the shuttle shift manual is perfect for that.

I bought a DK5010HS about 18 months ago for my 13 acres and have zero regrets. It compared to the MX 5200 Kubota in ability and with the price difference I was able to get it fully optioned out and buy some choice implements.

Factor in your trailer and you may be happy with a slightly smaller machine. I pull a 6ft brush hog with my DK and can’t even feel it. FWIW I went to the dealer to buy an NX but couldn’t pass up the value of the DX.

/ CK3510SE vs NX4510H
I skipped the DK since no HST option. Those are supposed to be shipping late next month with better availability in Jun & July. Start at 42 HP and new model #.

But preliminary price quotes on new model DK with HST are so close to NX, it wouldn't really make sense since overall so similar in size.

/ CK3510SE vs NX4510H #4  
I went through the same decision process last year: ck4010se vs NX4510 se.

I ended up with the smaller tractor. Use it for front mounted snow blower in the winter, and loader and box blade in the summer.

After the first winter, I like the maneuverability of the CK, and how easily it fits in the garage and under trees with the cab, but the 60 inch blower is too small, and the engine power is marginal for snow removal.

Also, the cab is cramped and difficult to enter compared to the NX, and the small CK fuel tank is an issue for me.

I’m not sure that I would trade the maneuverability for more power, a larger cab, and bigger fuel tank, though.

/ CK3510SE vs NX4510H
Wonder how much difference there is in maneuverability? I don't have lots of obstacles to navigate, but do have a kind of tight & twisty trail thru some woods, but very short.

NX is + 20" overall length, +12" width, +10" wheel base. What that translates to as far as navigating obstacles or simply turning around...no idea. Side by side it's obvious NX is larger overall, but doesn't look like a giant in comparison. I think with the overall length increase from what I have now and then an extra foot of bush hog is where I'd really feel it + 40" length + 12" bush hog - that would be a noticeable difference to me.

No cab for me, but higher ROPS means some more limb trimming.

Neither will fit in my standard height shipping container without ROPS folded though.... Getting around the NX inside the container will be harder too. appx 2' clearance on each side if parked perfectly centered in it.

/ CK3510SE vs NX4510H #6  
I was in the exact same position as you and ended up going with the NX. Two main things caused me to choose the NX over the CK and DK line. First was price...I found a 2016, low hours model at a local Kubota dealer that put the price well below that of the new CK that I had priced out. Not to mention that they gave me a really solid trade on my L2501 which sweetened the deal even more.

The second was due to the ability to expand in the future. We only have 5 acres, all of which is a mixture of old and current use pasture. The NX, while overkill for most of my 5 acres jobs, give me the ability to expand in the future. I'm already planning on getting into hay production this year, and getting a 72" brush hog at some point. It'll pull my 72" finish mower just fine and if I find it's a little two heavy to mow the lawn with, I'll just drop the loader to lighten it up a bit.

Very few people that I have run into have ever said "I wish I bought a smaller tractor".

/ CK3510SE vs NX4510H #7  
Just went from a CK4010HST to the NX 4510HST.

The unforeseen projects that crop up in the future is what bit me 18 months or so later.
No doubt happens to most all of us.

The machine now gets the work done without working the machine at its near upper power band for hours on end.
The heavier frame indeed puts the work on the ground and gets it done.

The linked petal feature still keeps me grinning!
What used to stop the CK dead on its tracks with all four wheels spinning now is just a slight stutter and chugs along.
Just this afternoon pulled three huaichase roots and two were over six foot long. Would have left them but the BB uncovered them and left one root sliced like a punji stick. Had visions of a punctured tire. So out it comes.

As many old tractor geezers often say...wish ah-dah bought a smallah trak-eer....not ever....:D

/ CK3510SE vs NX4510H
Got my little LS sold today. Mixed feelings since I like it so much, but it must go to afford the bigger one :)

Dealer came back with a price I was good with and seems like a pretty fair deal to me. He's been super helpful and responsive too so even if I could save a few $ going with someone else, I don't think I would.

Hopefully it won't take too long to hammer out final details, get the machine set up, and put it to work [play]. So sometime very soon will have the NX4510 HST. Really liked the CK3510HST SE too, but if upsizing, may as well UPsize. For $6k more (not that $6k is pocket change) just seems like a whole lot more machine.

In addition to brute force capability upgrade I'm hoping I see a good improvement in bush hogging rough terrain time as well. I'm sure just stepping up from a 5' to 6' will be some improvement, but hopefully the larger tires and weight will soak up some of the bumpy ride and let me go a little quicker too. Will see - won't be any slower.....

/ CK3510SE vs NX4510H #9  
....... but hopefully the larger tires and weight will soak up some of the bumpy ride and let me go a little quicker too. Will see - won't be any slower.....

YES, you will notice immediately the difference.

Our property was hogged out by two dozers that also got stuck. (by previous owner) It takes 30-34 hours to shred 8 acres due to the severity of those ruts.
The larger tires on the NX started shaving off a few hours by not having to stop and allow heart rate to settle down as one wheel would spin freely in the air as tractor would start to lean..... :shocked: on the CK4010HST.

So the slow but steady progress of mowing efficiency went up. Will probably take rest of year to take small portions and skim inches of dirt to fill in those deep ruts, smooth out and reseed.....

So good luck with your new NX, you will really enjoy how those larger tires will help out.:thumbsup:

Last edited: