CK35HST - New to Tractors

/ CK35HST - New to Tractors #11  
Igland's log grapple: It crushes brush! It's phenomenal at picking up logs, and whole trees on my DK-40. They make serious logging equipment for heavy duty uses. It is thick steel and made like a tank.
I have NO complaints about it at all. If you get one I think it will suit all your needs- I use it for brush, logs, rocks, boulders, etc.

http://www.treemansupply.com/productdetails.asp?productcode=gr-20

As far as your A/B lever for your remotes; it has detents to lock it into whichever position you select. you're likely flexing, not bending the lever. Try moving it quicker and I'll bet it goes into position easier. It will be somewhat stiff when it's new though- nature of the beast.

/ CK35HST - New to Tractors #12  
I was advised my dealer to leave the hydraulic control in neutral when not using the backhoe. Even though the fluid will flow through the backhoe, it will heat up; that's why he said to keep it in neutral when not operating the backhoe. Of course with no backhoe you must be in neutral unless you have a loopback hose, and I strongly recommend this $20 investment. A new pump will be very costly.

On your difficulties moving the lever: I don't have the problem with my backhoe, but I do with my hydraulic toplink. I found that if I push the lever "further into its on position" and pull back quickly it goes back to neutral easier. I sprained a finger fighting with that thing.

Also good to lubricate every moving part underneath the tractor.

And yes about 1600 -1800 is all you need for backhoe work.

When removing the backhoe, just before disconnecting the hoses, turn the tractor off. actuate and hold the hydraulic controls in all directs for a few seconds. This relieves the pressure in the hoses. Now you can disconnect them and they will go back on without trouble. Banging on them with a hammer may sometimes be necessary but it's not good for the connectors.

/ CK35HST - New to Tractors
Igland's log grapple: It crushes brush! It's phenomenal at picking up logs, and whole trees on my DK-40. They make serious logging equipment for heavy duty uses. It is thick steel and made like a tank.
I have NO complaints about it at all. If you get one I think it will suit all your needs- I use it for brush, logs, rocks, boulders, etc.

http://www.treemansupply.com/productdetails.asp?productcode=gr-20

As far as your A/B lever for your remotes; it has detents to lock it into whichever position you select. you're likely flexing, not bending the lever. Try moving it quicker and I'll bet it goes into position easier. It will be somewhat stiff when it's new though- nature of the beast.
That 42" opening is really appealing for brush. I have hundreds of downed trees. Most are very small diameter but a few are monsters - the smaller opening of the wicked grapple was a concern I had.

Also it looks like it's about 350lbs which seems like a great weight for my loader.

Thanks for turning me on to this!

/ CK35HST - New to Tractors #14  
You're welcome. The price in the link is better than what I paid. You won't be disappointed.
I also have their winch: a 4001 with a clamshell tree harness, which DOUBLES pulling capacity!!:eek:
It is AWESOME too! I worked it so hard I snapped the 5/8" winch cable. Unbelievable tools, excellent results!:dance1:

/ CK35HST - New to Tractors #15  
Yes. Less weight, more lifting capacity. And it's only 36" wide so it's not in the way when working.