CK4020 QA handles flop over...

/ CK4020 QA handles flop over... #1  

Coyote machine

Tractor
22 SANY SY 50U, '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 BB, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Brush Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy
My brand new CK4020's QA handles won't stay in the up position (released). when approaching whatever attachment with the QA unlocked; movement and vibration cause either, or both handles to fall inward toward the locked position enough that I have to reset them upright. The left QA handle will not stay upright and falls. the right handle usually falls too.
I've tried tightening the nuts that tighten the spring on both 17mm(?) nuts that hold the handles snug?
Am I missing something?

The other problem is when the handles are straight up they make it near impossible to get the QA feet to engage under the lip of any implement, bucket, grapple, etc. The handles have become tangled and bent by my pallet forks backboard, which has square holes for viewing the forks when driving.

I'm used to the old single lever mid mounted lever/handle of my DK-40. Are the newer type 2 handle/lever design possibly meant to fall inward while engaging the implement, then one brings them up to allow the pins to position and then lock in place? That seems counterintuitive, but I'm sort a grasping for straws here?

Any help would be appreciated - I'm thinking I must be missing something obvious? Anyone else had this happen to them
TIA,
CM

/ CK4020 QA handles flop over... #2  
How about a close up picture. Perhaps they are not assembled correctly.

/ CK4020 QA handles flop over... #3  
That's probably my only complaint with my Kioti, the QA handles on the 4030C loader don't like to stay up during travel. It's annoying, and I've yet to find a fix after two years.

/ CK4020 QA handles flop over...
How about a close up picture. Perhaps they are not assembled correctly.

That's probably my only complaint with my Kioti, the QA handles on the 4030C loader don't like to stay up during travel. It's annoying, and I've yet to find a fix after two years.

Thanks guys for your replies. I'm fairly certain they are installed correctly, BUT they were floppy as heii from day one. I did tighten the spring loaded pivot bolt until more tightening would have done damage, I suspect. This approach is NOT, IMO, a solution, but a poor result workaround.

I had a long discussion earlier today with my Kioti dealer's salesman, who coincidentally mentioned that both my Sany SY-50U excavator and my DK-40 tractor with Kioti KB-2485 hoe are sold. He reiterated that the used machine market is hot - not so much so for the new equipment market.

I say: re the machine market, that 0 percent and similar finance rates entice some buyers; BUT the actual cost reflects built in price increases on what one spends to get the 'special' financing deal offered by the manufacturer for a particular item. Basically, the bank, or whoever does the financing wins - just like Vegas- the deck is stacked in house's favor....
It's a loss leader ploy to get metal moving out the door.

Anyway, back to the twin loader handle issue. Tightening the bolt/spring tension on both QA handles did deter them from flopping toward lock position, when fully released and placed full upright, (vertical). It did and does not stop the handles from being in the way of engaging the upper lip of both QA feet, (pads) under the corresponding implement edge of say a bucket, or pallet forks, or any other QA implement. In the case of my pallet forks, it makes the handles very prone to getting entangled in the numerous holes in the fork's backboard, and then likely bending the handle while attempting to mate the QA pads with the corresponding implement.

QA = Quick Attach. Not so much, IMO. Another misnomer, I say. I was further told a cab makes the visibility worse than open station. I say, add the seat, ignition interlock, and foot brake on the right side, instead of on the left side, and it becomes apparent that QA is not going to be happening for most operators. Additionally, it was suggested that if I approach the task of mating the QA feet with the implement, by reducing the approach angle to closest to that of the implement one is trying to connect to, it will likely render a successful mating.

I did try this method, and was successful with my pallet forks, BUT it is NO panacea for the problem of too much safety switch, too little ability to see past the hood and loader arms, etc.
And, yes I get that doing the same routine over and over might render improved results over time.

Great. In the meantime we're back to my discussion of why no cameras to assist in safe ease of use function - to everyone's benefit?!

Two handles instead of one, (as was the case of my DK-40), cab instead of open station, poor visibility of the entire tractor's front end due to lack of focus on what really matters to the operator, and numerous other oversights, like too much focus on cost cutting measures to the detriment of all owner/operators, cause this type of solvable problem- looking for a solution.

Thoughts, comments?
Ideas for solutions?
TIA,
CM out

/ CK4020 QA handles flop over... #5  
Regarding the QA handles; I wonder if replacing the springs with something that would provide more tension might help?

In the meantime I occasionally will use a bungie cord to hold them open.

I'll give your post my full attention when I'm able.

On the QA release handles, FWIW, I tightened the spring loaded bolts as tight as they could go and backed off slightly.
I have tried to modify my approach method to connecting to my pallet forks - using a near vertical QA foot position to engage under the lip on the fork's. It seems to help somewhat, though like using bungie cords to hold the handles fully open, may work - however, I'm of a mind to fix this for good rather than settle for varied results from workarounds.
The most difficult part, aside from near zero visibility of any part of the loader QA structure and implement one is trying to attach to, is the QA handles are too in the way when trying to make the connection.

I'm inclined to want to bend the upper section of both handles back toward the hood of the tractor, enough that they cannot catch on any implement one is attempting to connect to the loader. This would have to be done carefully, so as to not damage the handles or attached pieces of the QA assembly. I'm suggesting just enough bend to keep the handles fully functional, and not so much that the seeking of solving one problem doesn't create others.
What say any of you fellow Kioti owners who use the 2 handle QAs on your Kiotis?
TIA,
CM, out for now...

/ CK4020 QA handles flop over... #7  
A camera could/would help seeing the qa and tips of the forks. The only attachment I have issues hooking to are the forks, maybe bending would help, I would simply remove first then bend in the shop. No issues with qa handles in unlocked position.

A camera could/would help seeing the qa and tips of the forks. The only attachment I have issues hooking to are the forks, maybe bending would help, I would simply remove first then bend in the shop. No issues with qa handles in unlocked position.
I got a dual camera setup, that I'm in process of setting up. Once I space my brushguard out from the frame so the hood can open without needing to fold the brushguard down; and I install my brushguard 'screen/shield' I'll then be able to place the front camera to test it for best viewing angles, etc.

/ CK4020 QA handles flop over... #9  
CM,
I had the same issue with my CK35 when new. There was a lock washer under the spring which just kept loosening the bolt with every swing of the handle.
My solution was to place a thin washer on each side of the spring. The bolt would eventually loosen a bit, but it took a long time.

Eventually I got tired of getting on and off the tractor to flip the handles.
I purchased a 225lb 6" stroke, 14mm/sec, 3 amp linear actuator and a switch for $50. Been working great, wish I would have done this years ago.
If you are running wires up front for a camera, add a couple more for an actuator.
Andrew

Attachments

• IMG_2605.jpeg
    IMG_2605.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0401.jpeg
    IMG_0401.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0402.jpeg
    IMG_0402.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
   / CK4020 QA handles flop over... #10  
Eventually I got tired of getting on and off the tractor to flip the handles.
I purchased a 225lb 6" stroke, 14mm/sec, 3 amp linear actuator and a switch for $50. Been working great, wish I would have done this years ago.
If you are running wires up front for a camera, add a couple more for an actuator.
Andrew[/QUOTE]

Now we just need to figure out a good way to work the third function hydraulic connections and we can get the entire change done without leaving the seat. I like that!