CK4020 QA handles flop over...

/ CK4020 QA handles flop over... #11  
I have tweaked the handles on my new CK2620 a couple of times already by getting them tangled in the implement. I find that I do better keeping the tractor portion of the ssqa almost upright and easing into the implement till I contact it a bit low. Then I can get out and look it over and watch as I manipulate the tilt and lift of the loader till it's hung on the ssqa enough to roll it back and walk up and latch it in.

/ CK4020 QA handles flop over... #12  
Yeah it is easy to tangle with the pallet forks that way!

/ CK4020 QA handles flop over...
Amvcane,

I like it, big time.
Can you give more detail of the process, level of skill needed, etc. And what, where you got the parts to do the conversion?

My situation is this: I've got the 'sandwich' plate, 5.5 x 12, x 1/2 " thick, and awaiting the 6 qty, 10.9 x 14 mm x 50 mm longer bolts. They should arrive tomorrow. Then I can space the grille guard away from hitting the hood when opening/closing.
Then I can install my grille guard 'screen', custom CNC cut, with my screen name cut in, to the factory brush guard. I had Broken Anvil Metalworks make it for me. No affiliation to me - and Jason, the owner, is excellent to work with; and he got mine made and delivered fast. It looks great, and I will post pics when it's all together.
The cameras are also ready for trial, once the grill situ is complete. I don't need wires, they're solar and wireless, with a 7" monitor, that will likely plug into my 12V outlet, left of the seat, with a fused, lit cord, I may run under the floor mat, or may feed via a lead off the battery or ignition hot lead - haven't had time to decide yet.
Will update as progress happens.

/ CK4020 QA handles flop over...
I'm certain my camera, placed right, will alleviate the majority of the problem. And a bypass on the seat/shift/brake switch will allow me to stand off the seat enough to see where I'm at without all the BS of the safety police mechanisms.
Half the battle is having to stop, go to neutral, set brake lock etc. It's just too time consuming to hassle with, and one still can't get it hooked up without several attempts, in most cases...
I never had this problem with the SSQA on my DK, BUT it had no cab, AND I could stand and hold the wheel while slowly moving the QA into place on whatever implement.
Quotes below were meant to appear above my text...
Thanks guys for chiming in - all of you...i appreciate it
CM
I have tweaked the handles on my new CK2620 a couple of times already by getting them tangled in the implement. I find that I do better keeping the tractor portion of the ssqa almost upright and easing into the implement till I contact it a bit low. Then I can get out and look it over and watch as I manipulate the tilt and lift of the loader till it's hung on the ssqa enough to roll it back and walk up and latch it in.

Yeah it is easy to tangle with the pallet forks that way!

/ CK4020 QA handles flop over... #15  
Amvcane,

I like it, big time.
Can you give more detail of the process, level of skill needed, etc. And what, where you got the parts to do the conversion?
Found the actuator and switch on Amazon.

The aluminum tubes are filled with wood so they don't crush where the plate is attached.
Make sure you have enough room for the body of the switch,where ever you choose to mount it.
The actuator has 2 different size studs on the ends, so the aluminum tubes are 2 different inside diameters.

This Video should answer many of the questions that you have,there are 2 parts.

Andrew.