Buying Advice Clamp on forks and tooth bar advice needed.

/ Clamp on forks and tooth bar advice needed.
   / Clamp on forks and tooth bar advice needed.
I bought mine at the link below, and haven't been able to hurt it yet....doing some serious digging, with a lot of rock and even some areas with dirty fill that had bricks and concrete imbedded. Looks like about $350 for the size you'd need:

Bucket Toothbars

I have dug a hole the size of a swimming pool with this toothbar. Very useful and a good deal.

/ Clamp on forks and tooth bar advice needed. #24  
   / Clamp on forks and tooth bar advice needed. #25  
Thanks. I know I could call and find this out, but does the $169 include the stabilizer? And what are they talking about with the "ratchet binders pair"?

If you click on the link you will see that $169 includes the stabilizer.

/ Clamp on forks and tooth bar advice needed. #27  
Yes, I clicked and saw that, and then I saw the stablilizer as one of the options. I think I may order one.

If another TBN members says it works well then that set looks like a no brainer to me, especially for smaller tractors and occasional use.

/ Clamp on forks and tooth bar advice needed. #28  
The OP's lift capacity is maximum 464 kg, or about two 50 gallon drums of your favorite beverage in the FEL.

I notice you have a skid steer with a load capacity about the same as my M4700 and twice the OP's.

I have a skid steer now. But I started out with a JD 790 and then a Kubota B3030 cab.

/ Clamp on forks and tooth bar advice needed. #29  
I'm surprised that you find it difficult to hit the target though. The clamp ons extend about 40 inches or so in front of the bucket so it shod be easy to see them. How do you ever load anything with the bucket if you cannot judge where tips that far forward are? I have regular forks and carriage and IMO the carriage interferes at least as much as the bucket would.

I suppose that everyone has a different experience with varying seat heights, driver physical characteristics, nose length of your tractor and loader arm distance in front of the machine. I certainly couldn't see the fork tips that well on either of my tractors. It was a pain to me to try and see the fork tips into a pallet.