Forks clamp onloader forks

/ clamp onloader forks #11  
I got a pair of 1000# clamp on forks from Blue Line Mfg. Nice people and a well built product. Shipped to my door via UPS and I paid less than $300 delivered. Check them out.
http://www.bluelinemfg.com

Sim

/ clamp onloader forks #12  
I will add that there are more forces to consider than just the loader lift rating at @ max height.
I think it was Del, in another post pointed out that loaders have much more power than that closer to the ground.

I only have the specs for the John Deere 410 and 420 loaders which both have listed breakout force of 1500+ lbf lift at the bucket's edge and over 1600 and 2200 lbf of rollback forces at the bucket edge. The JD 430 loader considerably more. Depending on the usage can easily excede a 1000 lbs.

One first things I used my loader forks for was to help lift a stone that was way larger than could fit in the bucket, the forks holding up the far end of the load so I could move it.

DFB

18-30366-dfbsig.gif

/ clamp onloader forks #13  
hoghead
I just bought a set of forks. Since I have a GB loader the bob cat quick tacth fits. 4000 LBS and $595 plus tax. There made about 1/2 way between us. You could convert them to fir your JD loader. it's a thought
DDT

/ clamp onloader forks #14  
Today I just bought chain-on loader forks for my NH 16LA with HD bucket. There is a bracket which fits over the cutter lip and a chain goes behind and over the top of the bucket and attaches with a "boomer" for easy and quick assy/removal. These forks are rated at over a ton and are manufactured by a company in Colorado. At my New Holland dealer, the cost was $280. I tried them on brush (large tree trunks) and moved several telephone pole sections (5' to 25'). The hardest thing about them was getting used to being 4' longer and the magnified movements of something so far out in front of the bucket. I absolutely think they are worth the money and I can install and remove them in about 30 seconds. If you are interested, I can send you a digital photo attachment.

JimI

/ clamp onloader forks #15  
Jim,
I'd like to see them and if you have a number or web address where they can be contacted.
Thanks,

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF

/ clamp onloader forks #16  
Okay Richard, I took some photos and I'll attach one to this message and another to the next message. I think they show everything you need to know about the chain-on loader forks I purchased for $280. There is one slight problem, the manufacturer's company name is Foothills (Foothill?) and they are in LaSalle, Colorado. It turns out that their name label was scraped off my forks, so all I could see was the city. I purchased the forks from McMaster New Holland in Decatur, TX. If you want to contact them about shipping you a set, their phone number is (940)627-2198, fax - (940)627-6671, or E-mail - mcmasternh@ntws.net. Steve McMaster sold me my tractor and suggested these forks. You might ask for him.

I hope this helps.

JimI

Attachments

• 5-40462-ChainFork1.jpg
    5-40462-ChainFork1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 117
   / clamp onloader forks #17  
Richard, I have attached the forks to my loader in this picture collage.

JimI

Attachments

• 5-40463-ChainFork2.JPG
    5-40463-ChainFork2.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 104
   / clamp onloader forks #18  
thanks for the pics Jim. Those look like a good setup. My only concern would be that it would be hard to use the bucket if you had them on. However, the reason I haven't gotten any of the clamp on ones is because I wondered if the bucket would hold up to a ton of weight on the forks? With your setup it takes the pressure away from the lip of the bucket which I like. Thanks again for the pics and info.

18-35034-TRACTO~1.GIF