Clarkson’s Farm

/ Clarkson’s Farm #91  
I don't want to spoil anything for those that haven't watched yet but I'm confused by Kaleb's choice for a new tractor. I think he went backwards from his Claas, LOL

I've seen some stupid bylaws and property disputes here in Can't-ada, but I couldn't imagine living there. They don't allow you to do anything on your own property! Like how they made him change the roof on his farm shop? I think the metal looked way nicer, LOL
Without getting into subjects we shouldn't, that's the way of life when you give the "gubmint" control over your everyday life.

/ Clarkson’s Farm #92  
The Gov messing around so much and the apathy (and misconceptions) city people have that farmers are disappearing is pretty much the underlying theme of Season 1.

/ Clarkson’s Farm #93  
The "heritage" laws can be very strange in England. Was at a Pub, in the evening , in London that had an outdoor siting area. The pavers were so rough and out of place that walking to a table was difficult. I wondered how many people a year must be breaking ankles after a few pints. I asked the waiter why it was in such bad shape. He said they were not allowed to fix it or even put in a deck due to preservation laws.

/ Clarkson’s Farm #94  
The "heritage" laws can be very strange in England. Was at a Pub, in the evening , in London that had an outdoor siting area. The pavers were so rough and out of place that walking to a table was difficult. I wondered how many people a year must be breaking ankles after a few pints. I asked the waiter why it was in such bad shape. He said they were not allowed to fix it or even put in a deck due to preservation laws.
Those pavers were hundreds of years old, some areas have these rules, some don't.
My Uncle in his houses was never allowed to changed the look of the outside.
They did not seem to care about the inside at all.

/ Clarkson’s Farm #95  
Yes, some beautiful country, but I couldn't live there. I have way too bad a temper to deal with people and council like he has to deal with.

Well this sucks now! I watched the whole season. Now I have to wait again for season 3.

Then after that, we'll have to say screw Amazon and follow Jeremy on you tube or whatever platform he goes to.

/ Clarkson’s Farm #96  
You all know that Clarkson thinks US Americans are just a bunch of inbred, redneck, idiots, right? You have to know that, if you've watched him over his career.

I like that he makes fun of Americans, and some of our silly ways.... Its a different viewpoint.

Yet, he did buy land in an area of England with very restrictive "conservation laws." He could have bought land else where, but that wouldn't have made for as interesting a show, because he has two things to write a script for; one being his own incompetence, and the other being his fight with the local authorities. There is a reason why the Cotswolds have very restrictive building codes. Its a tourist mecca, and sort of a fantasy of the ideal, bucolic, country side to the rest of the world.

The local council isn't going to let Clarkson mess that up, cause we are talking big dollars to not break the illusion for all this tourism, and an outsiders' visit to the "Shire."

I think Clarkson is actually wrong here, and the local council is right to restrict him. He's just giving a middle finger, to what has been a huge money maker to the area; and that being; that it needs to stay the "Shire," and that this can't be broken in land use, in this very specific area.

Last edited:
   / Clarkson’s Farm #97  
Clarkson's 'hate of Americans' is a shtick.

And he bought that farm like 12yrs ago to save it as the farmer was going under. He let the farmer stay. The farmer retired a couple years ago, which is when he was forced to try himself and since he was already concerned about what farmers where going through, the show was born as kind of a way to showcase the problems and renew interest in farming and farmers... As well as a way to help pay for it, because as you saw in the show, farmers dont make much, especially him as one.

/ Clarkson’s Farm #98  
You all know that Clarkson thinks US Americans are just a bunch of inbred, redneck, idiots, right? You have to know that, if you've watched him over his career.

I like that he makes fun of Americans, and some of our silly ways.... Its a different viewpoint.
He makes fun of EVERYONE. Including himself, LOL

He's been a driver his whole career and yet he plays like he can't back up a trailer or do any mechanical work at all. Ya right, LOL

Some of those supercars he has driven are more complicated to operate than that Lambo tractor, LOL

/ Clarkson’s Farm #99  
The costwolds are beautiful with their thatch roof houses and winding roads.
But it is a place that is trying to preserve their industry, which is mainly tourism.
UK is a small area and lots of the northern bits are not good for farming.
So limits on land and where people live is pretty tenuous.
Trying to keep the areas like the Cotswalds from becoming paved over strip malls is very concerning to them.
And watching Jezza being himself through all this is part of the entertainment, though farmers in most of the UK have a big struggle.
Most thankfully not quite this bad.

/ Clarkson’s Farm #100  
Sounds like the uber rich in Jackson Hole. Heavy restrictions to keep the riffraff out then they ***** because they can't find anyone to unplug their toilets.