Classified access?

/ Classified access? #1  

Anonymous Poster

I'm not able to access the classified section.

On my wife's iMac (just for review), I can't access any areas beyond the home page with IE.

With Netscape, I can work with the discussion groups, but I go to Classified: Attachments: Catagory 1 3PH and the program or the computer will lock up. This has happened for at least 3 days - haven't tried before that. As I said, this is my wife's computer, so I do not upgrade or change programs. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On my old P1 PC computer with W95 and a max 28.8k connection, the IE program is so old it doesn't connect up to much of anything, ver 3.x. Netscape v4.x lets me access the discussion areas, but is flakey with many of these new discussion software platforms (lockups - many). When I go to the same classified area as above, I get the same exact results: Netscape goes 'unresponsive' or sometimes locks up the computer. This machine does not handle the large new web browsers, and at 28.8K I couldn't download them anyhow in my 5 hour 'anti-squatting' time limit. Out here in the country, 28.8 is about it, our phone company has monopolized the lines for any other ISP. It does not seem practical for a $600 upgrade to this computer to be able to view one site - still at 28.8k. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

So, I guess I can't see anyone's classified ads - dispite my many different configurations of access! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm not complaining, but does anyone else have problems, or is it just me? Unfortunately, I found this site a week before the upgrade - when it worked well on both machines & all 4 versions of browser. Just enough to get me hooked - if I came across it now, I'd assume it didn't work & wouldn't visit & be happy & ignorant. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

--->Paul

/ Classified access? #2  
i have been trying also to get iinto the classifieds,my machine also lock up when i go into a sub-category
i am using netscape
it is really killing me
cant figure it out
any help will be appreciated
scott

/ Classified access? #3  
i just checked, i can get into all of the classifieds, no problem, running win xp and ie 6. sorry! must be your problem.

/ Classified access?
> sorry! must be your problem.

I'm sure that wasn't meant as rudely as it could sound!? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It would seem there are a lot of gremlins in this version of the site software that only allows it to be truely compatable with IE 6.x or greater running on Windows machines.

Certainly those gremlins are beyond what the site administrator can track down.

The problem, of course, is with the flawed basic software package/ upgrade - not me, & not the person running this site.

Just remember, I might be looking for what you are trying to sell - but I won't ever see it. Who's 'problem' is that? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

--->Paul