Mowing Cleaning mower deck

/ Cleaning mower deck
Got another coat of Slip Plate on fri, sat, and sunday.. I will see how it holds up this summer..

Brian

/ Cleaning mower deck #22  
..... After hitting it with a wire brush on a drill I realized that 90% of the deck was still covered with Slip Plate.. I thought the silver i was seeing was bare metal, but it was the slip plate..

Brian,

Have you tried washing the bottom of the deck when you are done mowing for the day? I've had a can of slip plate on the shelf for a while and think I'll try it this season. Presently I use a 4' length of 1/2" pipe with a street ell on one end with a 3/16" hole drilled into a pipe cap screwed on the ell. The other end I added a 1/2" ball valve and then adapted it to garden hose fittings. I does pretty well, I hope adding the slip plate this season will work even better.

kj

/ Cleaning mower deck
I have tried flushing it a few times with the mower running, but that is a 2 person job.. I may start pulling it up on car ramps and spraying it off that way..

During the summer I dont take the mmm off very often since Im usually mowing twice a week.. I definitely need to start doing something in between taking the mmm off and giving it a good cleaning..

Can you post a pic of your washing mechanism? Im not quite visualizing it.. Do you pull the mower over it and have it spray water while running the mmm?

Based on my Slip Plate experience, I would try to make sure you get any foreign material off of the deck before painting.. You may even want to rough up any paint so it gets a better hold.. I bet I have at least 9 coats on my decks over the past 3 yrs..

Brian

..... After hitting it with a wire brush on a drill I realized that 90% of the deck was still covered with Slip Plate.. I thought the silver i was seeing was bare metal, but it was the slip plate..
Brian,

Have you tried washing the bottom of the deck when you are done mowing for the day? I've had a can of slip plate on the shelf for a while and think I'll try it this season. Presently I use a 4' length of 1/2" pipe with a street ell on one end with a 3/16" hole drilled into a pipe cap screwed on the ell. The other end I added a 1/2" ball valve and then adapted it to garden hose fittings. I does pretty well, I hope adding the slip plate this season will work even better.

kj

/ Cleaning mower deck #24  
has anybody tried ez slide? russ

/ Cleaning mower deck #25  
.....Can you post a pic of your washing mechanism? Im not quite visualizing it.. Do you pull the mower over it and have it spray water while running the mmm?

Have the mower OFF and raised to the highest setting. I run the pipe under there by hand with the water stream going up of...getting myself a little wet of course. The small drilled hole in the elbow gives a relatively strong stream. Not strong enough to get water in the bearings but washes off the matted grass pretty good. I'm hoping the slip plate makes the finish slicker and all the grass will come off.

Tomorrow I'll stand my deck up, sharpen the blades, and give it a thorough cleaning before spraying on the slip plate.

When I figure out how to post pictures, I'll show you exactly what I made and how it's used.

Do you know if these sites people use to post their picture charge $$ ?

kj

/ Cleaning mower deck
<deleted text>

When I figure out how to post pictures, I'll show you exactly what I made and how it's used.

Do you know if these sites people use to post their picture charge $$ ?

kj

Thanks.. I think I have a better idea now, but would love to see pics..

You can post pics on TBN at no charge.. At the bottom you will see a button for 'manage attachments' click it and a pop up window will open - navigate to the pic you have on your computer and select it.. then 'upload' it.. Now close the window and finish your post..

Some forums do not / cannot host pics.. In that case you will need to use a third party site such as photobucket

brian

/ Cleaning mower deck #30  
Where do you find the EZ slide locally? I have never seen it down here and would like to give it a shot on my deck.