Cleaning the Tractors

/ Cleaning the Tractors #61  
Great! I would have had to fab something up or get the OEM mulching kit. I'll let everyone know how they work soon as I mow.

/ Cleaning the Tractors #62  
Well my review of the G6 Gator Blades on my Bx2230D is this:

Mulching Effect: I don't think they do any better at mulching the grass than the OEM blades... Conditions were very dry when I mowed. :confused3:

Grass Lifting: MUCH better than the OEM blades! No more tire tracks with uncut grass. :thumbsup:

Cutting: Since I had recently sharpened my OEM blades, in comparision I can say the new Gators were just as good. :laughing:

Cutting while turning sharply: MUCH better! Again, the Hi-lift blades stand the grass up so much better. :thumbsup:

Noise: I did not hear any difference in blade noise. Also no loss of power as some have noticed. I ran the BX at full power and mowed in lo-range as I always do due to a rough yard.

The final verdict was given by the wife. She commented the yard had never looked so evenly cut. I had not even told her I put new blades on!

So overall I am happy with the purchase of these blades.

/ Cleaning the Tractors
Thanks for the review.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using TractorByNet

/ Cleaning the Tractors #64  
yeah - I've been told the same thing too. BUT - I use the P/W on my tractor as well as my pickups and Harley. In my opinion, it's completely safe IF you don't go spraying into bearings, electrical components, etc. I only use it to clean under fenders, wheels & tires, etc. Never had a problem in 20 years of doing it that way.

Now - I certainly don't use it under the hood of my tractor nor pickups. They occasionally get wiped down, but never see water.

/ Cleaning the Tractors #65  
Well my review of the G6 Gator Blades on my Bx2230D is this:

Mulching Effect: I don't think they do any better at mulching the grass than the OEM blades... Conditions were very dry when I mowed. :confused3:

Grass Lifting: MUCH better than the OEM blades! No more tire tracks with uncut grass. :thumbsup:

Cutting: Since I had recently sharpened my OEM blades, in comparision I can say the new Gators were just as good. :laughing:

Cutting while turning sharply: MUCH better! Again, the Hi-lift blades stand the grass up so much better. :thumbsup:

Noise: I did not hear any difference in blade noise. Also no loss of power as some have noticed. I ran the BX at full power and mowed in lo-range as I always do due to a rough yard.

The final verdict was given by the wife. She commented the yard had never looked so evenly cut. I had not even told her I put new blades on!

So overall I am happy with the purchase of these blades.

Where do you get these mulching blades? I have the same problem with the grass I run over with my tires, I think everyone does.

/ Cleaning the Tractors #66  
Just Google Gator Blades. You can get them direct from Oregon or anyplace that sells Oregon parts. I ordered mine from Mowpart.com part # 96-612ORE. That is for three blades. $56.55 plus $9.95 for shipping