Clicking at PTO

/ Clicking at PTO #1  

farmdoings

Tractor
NH T2410, Case 350 dozer, MF G2310
Good Morning to all! I have a question about my GC2310 TLB. When I bought the tractor it came with a 4' shredder. I have not ever used it but with spring coming on, I could use another shredder to help around the place. I removed the backhoe attachment and installed the shredder. I did not notice anything out of the ordinary. Everything was hooked up so I engaged the PTO and immediately heard a fairly loud clicking in the PTO shaft area. I disengage the PTO and the sound went away, re-engaged and it came back. I removed the shredder drive shaft from the PTO and re-engaged again and again the clicking. It isn't creating any loud, gear destroying noises or vibration but I want to try and understand what is happening before I run it. The hydraulic oil level is good and everything else works fine. Any suggestions or ideas on the cause of this would be greatly appreciated. thanks

/ Clicking at PTO #2  
Ther blades under the mower that starts to spin and take there position around the rotating center disc.
Is it continual ? Or just when you start the pto ?

/ Clicking at PTO #3  
The rear PTO clicking was pretty common on GC2300s when there was no load on the shaft. The sound went away when the PTO shaft had to operate attached equipment (snowblower/chipper/mower, etc). I have no idea what causes it, but it hasn't affected operation for 12 years now. Might want to make sure the shear bolt on the shredder is OK, as the clicking sound usually goes away when under load.

/ Clicking at PTO
Thanks for ideas. Man in Black-on the shredder the blades rotate out on start up and stay that way. I have serviced the shredder and it appears to be in working order. DMW- once I heard the noise I did not go ahead and put the shredder under a load, but I will give it a try this weekend and see what happens. Thanks for the comments.