Close Call Today

/ Close Call Today #21  
LOL, I accidently bumped my electric fence shoveling near it and thought I was going to die. Fell to the ground and flopped around like a fish.The strange thing is my daughter will grab a hold of the wire a let it shock her over and over and not even phase her.

I know what you mean. Some people get a nasty blast from a fencer, others can tolerate it a bit. Me, it just hurts enough that I don't want to touch.
Sean

/ Close Call Today #22  
Two lessons here: I always use the E-brake when getting ON & OFF my tractor (it also has a neutral lock-out on the clutch), and wear good DRY boots when working near electric fences. My buddy has several paddocks for pigs & I also found out the hard-way what happens when wet boots, & feet contact an electric fence, Whooo-heeee!!!!!
Shadow

/ Close Call Today #23  
While we are telling electric fence story's . A bunch of us teenagers were finishing up a hot hard days work at a "friends" house, and went for a drink out of the garden hose like good redneck kids we were. The kid that lived there handed me the hose to drink out of next and the water stream fell within inches of a fence that I did not know was electrified but he did. Needless to say as I was drinking out of the hose I accidentally strayed the stream across the fence and got the heck knocked out of myself. Everyone (but me) thought that was very funny.

James K0UA

/ Close Call Today #24  
As you ran after the tractor that was backing over the highway did you even look for on comming cars? :eek::shocked:

/ Close Call Today #26  
Never trust a hydrostatic trans . to stay in neutral . I don' care how well they are adjusted , they may decide to do they're own thing . You are one lucky fellow .

/ Close Call Today #29  
I knew a old guy was shovelling grain into a loader bucket when hydro crept foreward and cut his legs off against the wall

/ Close Call Today #30  
i alway put the bucket down take the front wheels off the ground at 6 inches if im on a hill i do that and shut if off and throw it in gear if its a hydro tranny shut it down lock the brake its not worth gets hurt over it might cost a starter or two over the life of the tractor