Closed for Coasting

/ Closed for Coasting #1  

huckflynn

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
We had a surprise storm on Saturday that dropped about a foot of snow. As much as I love using the snowblower on my BX, I resisted the urge to just blow it all away. I opened up a portion of the drive, but I left the bulk of it closed for coasting. I then spent Sunday introducing my grandson to the joys of the Flexible Flyer.

Attachments

• 35-102583-Flexible.JPG
    35-102583-Flexible.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 101
   / Closed for Coasting #2  
Looks like you have future BX operator there. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Closed for Coasting #3  
Geez that snow looks good.

I dunno about having it every year, but sure makes a change from the dirt and rocks we have !!

Cheers

/ Closed for Coasting #5  
<font color=blue>I'm jelous! We are almost devoid of any snow in my area. Are those sleds the "original" item? I remember mine well, especially when hitting a tree after a "ditching" run. Lips used to stick to that metal real nice. Ahhh... the memories. Sleds, snow forts and the girls next door.

/ Closed for Coasting
BayRat,

Those are the real deal -- but not the originals. Flexible Flyer's went out of production a year or two ago. I bought a couple just to keep the memories going. My cousin has one from about 40 years ago.

The sleds were great on the streets. The village would always close a number of the hilly sidestreets around the neighborhood after a snowfall. "Closed for Coasting" was a common road sign. And the Flexible Flyer was the king of the hill.

/ Closed for Coasting #7  
huckflynn,

You are a Grandpa ? You don' look it.

Buck