Clothes Lines

/ Clothes Lines #31  
We live about 20km from a town called Bunyip which is on the Bunyip River, only a small town with 2 pubs but it is there, not far away is Garfield of cat fame (I have never looked into the origins of the name but Bunyip was on a swamp that was supposed to have a population of Bunyips, or maybe it could have been something good they were smoking back then).
Just to add to your consternation I shall throw Yowie into the ring:D

You Aussies never run out of strange critters...I mean, a tiger that has a pocket like my old bib overalls? :)

/ Clothes Lines #32  
The Tasmanian Tiger (thylacene) is extinct although a few claim to have sighted them from time to time and it is said of the 20 deadliest snakes in the world we have about 15 0f them, step carefully.
We also have a place called Nimbin, now home to some of the worlds oldest hippies, I give it a wide berth when driving up that way.
Our new clothes line looks like it is going up this weekend, fitting the post hole digger on Friday after I have finished spreading 20 truckloads of sand in the arena.

/ Clothes Lines #33  
My wife, being Filipino, was fine with using a clothes line when she first arrived in the US back in 2007. Everyone in her town still uses them as well as washing clothes by hand in a basin with hand pumped well water. All was fine until wasps started coming in on the clothes during the summer. After a few of those instances she started using the dryer more and more. The clothes line no longer exists but I'm thinking about putting up another one this year. I like the pulley system idea. I'm not sure if she'll go for it but I'm sure I could barter with a new kitchen floor or something.

Kevin

/ Clothes Lines
I hope you know, your screen name has caused me considerable consternation. I woke up in the middle of the night, with the word "Bunyip" running through my mind. When I got up later I couldn't remember it for awhile...and when I did, I had no idea if it was a real word, or if I created it in my own mind...so, I did the only rational thing...I Googled it, and lo and behold! It's a real word! I had no idea!

Just kidding...it really didn't cause consternation, but I had no idea what it meant or where it originated until I googled it.

Regards,
Dennis

:laughing: Sounds like a single-word version of getting a song stuck in your head...... I remember Safety Dance (Men without Hats) getting stuck in my head for a long time, when it was first out..... :)

Rgds, D.

/ Clothes Lines
The Tasmanian Tiger (thylacene) is extinct although a few claim to have sighted them from time to time and it is said of the 20 deadliest snakes in the world we have about 15 0f them, step carefully.
We also have a place called Nimbin, now home to some of the worlds oldest hippies, I give it a wide berth when driving up that way.
Our new clothes line looks like it is going up this weekend, fitting the post hole digger on Friday after I have finished spreading 20 truckloads of sand in the arena.

A picture flashed into my mind of some new crazy version of Aussie beach volleyball, but then realized that the new line and the sand are probably separate activities...... ? ;)

Maybe 2Lane and I are drinking the same beverages ? :drink:

All joking aside..... a pic of that new line fully extended would be neat..... pretty sure we don't have 'em here......

Rgds, D.